Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think you could hit in the majors?

What do you think you could hit in the majors?

There is an article on ESPN right now about the worst hitting pitchers in the league and our own Aaron Harang is featured (.088 life time hitter).

So my question is this. If you right now were given the opportunity to play as an every day major leaguer for an entire season what do you think you could hit? Assume that no matter how poorly you hit they would still run you out there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What do you think you could hit in the majors?

I would hit the showers after I gave up.

That's what, about 10 hits in a season? That's assuming I improve as the season progresses.

If Aaron Harang is .088 then I'd be on the Interstate, but definitely sub-Mendoza.

I would hit about .010.

Good question. It would take a long time before I got accustomed to seeing that kind of velocity, so I might not get my first "hit" (likely a lucky bloop) until a month or two in. I think I could maybe finish around .050. Definitely not as high as Harang.

.00000000001, then after I was beaned I would retire :-)

Im 29 and have played baseball all my life. I played 2 years at a junior college. But I still dont think I could do very well against a major league pitcher. I would say if I had 500 at bats I could probably get 20-25 hits maybe. Thats counting broken bat, infield, and lucky singles. I believe I could maybe get lucky and get 2 extra base hits. But I dont think I could do very well in the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Im 29 and have played baseball all my life. I played 2 years at a junior college. But I still dont think I could do very well against a major league pitcher. I would say if I had 500 at bats I could probably get 20-25 hits maybe. Thats counting broken bat, infield, and lucky singles. I believe I could maybe get lucky and get 2 extra base hits. But I dont think I could do very well in the big leagues.
    So, you're saying you're half as good as Harang (88 hits in 1000 at-bats, theoretically).

in 400 ABs I doubt I would get even one hit off of major league pitchng.

Heck, D-Ball gave me fits...haha

thorn

Do foul tips count? If so, about .025

I actually took BP off a former reds pitcher, who will remain nameless. A former rolaids releif winner..LOL....I made contact on about 5 swings out of 50. He was helping out with the high school team and I help them out at times....I can honestly say that when you make solid contact, the velocity of the pitch makes it come off the bat harder than you think you swing...with that, I never got a hit...all foul balls and 1 of the 5 was pulled, the other 4 I was late and hit them oppo.....I also could not get used to the sting of a 93 mph fastball hitting off the handle of an aluminum bat. Hands stung for 15-20 minutes. So I will go out on a limb and say I could get 10 hits in 1000 at bats, all of them excuse me hits, throw in a few bunts and I might make it to 10 hits.

For the Cards probably around a .900 ops. Anywhere else .010

Turn Off Ads?