Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Arroyo

Arroyo

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to complain too much cause I know every once in a while he has a bad outing, but DAMN! What was he smoking last night?

He definitely went from the penthouse to the outhouse in a hurry!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arroyo

When did he get the cortisone shot in his wrist, end of March? Maybe it's bugging him again. I'm thinking Majewski had one in his shoulder about a month or two before we acquired him.

I don't think its the injury, Bronson has been like this every year, remember the brutal outing at Toronto last year? With this offense you can forget games if he hits a cold streak like he has in the past.

Reds1990

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I don't think its the injury, Bronson has been like this every year, remember the brutal outing at Toronto last year? With this offense you can forget games if he hits a cold streak like he has in the past.
    Don't forget about the game against Atlanta last year where he got rocked for about eight runs on an a little less than an inning. He is who he is take the good with the bad. Overall he's at best your #4, 12-15 wins, 200 innings, 32+ starts every years. What else can you expect.

Everyone has there bad days but I agree. I mean he usually plays well at home but we got stomped in the first game.

He has had some great games too.

Dusty obviously doesn't care one way or another. His attitude, is screw you Bronson. There goes your e.r.a. and we will preserve the bullpen for tomorrow night.

Ridiculous.
    Who's on first?

Bronson is an off speed and breaking ball pitcher. Some nights your curve doesnt break enough and your change up doesnt look like a fast ball. On those nights he will get rocked. But he is still going to win 12-16 games for us so we have to live with these outings.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Dusty obviously doesn't care one way or another. His attitude, is screw you Bronson. There goes your e.r.a. and we will preserve the bullpen for tomorrow night.

Ridiculous.
    Sorry but I would have to agree with Dusty. Why waste your bullpen just because your starter has LOST the game in the first inning? Personally I would have left him in for at least 5 innings. ERA is just a stupid stat. Its not about one person, its about whats best for the team and if an ERA has to skyrocket to save the bullpen arms for more meaningful games, then so be it.

Not trying to make excuses, but the rainy weather could have had an effect on his Carpal Tunnel. I have a mild case of it in both wrists from being a percussionist and when it is humid or rainy, it hurts all day and night. Maybe he tried to be too macho and not say much about it. Who knows, just throwing it out there.

Votto = MVP

I'm not too sure what his deal was, but he better get it figured out. I can only hope that it was either the rain messing with him (either the delay or carpal tunnel issues) or it was just a bad outing. I really hope it isn't an injury or something mechanically that is going to keep getting worse.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post

Ridiculous.
    Yeah he really stretched him out the other night, that 1+ inning outing will probably ruin his arm.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Turn Off Ads?