Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: ManRam Suspended 50 Games for Positive Performance-Enhancing Drug Test

BREAKING NEWS: ManRam Suspended 50 Games for Positive Performance-Enhancing Drug Test

This is what ESPN is reporting right now. This could be a huge hit to baseball and the Dodgers.
    Last edited by highheat11; 05-07-2009 at 11:51 AM.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BREAKING NEWS: ManRam Suspended 50 Games for Positive Performance-Enancing Drug T

seriously?

Re: BREAKING NEWS: ManRam Suspended 50 Games for Positive Performance-Enhancing Drug

Yeah. It's all over SportsCenter right now.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: ManRam Suspended 50 Games for Positive Performance-Enhancing Drug

From ESPN.com
    Report: Manny faces 50-game penalty
    Major League Baseball is expected to announce Thursday that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will be suspended for 50 games, The Los Angeles Times is reporting.

Ramirez's suspension is expected to be announced Thursday, The Times said.

Triple-A outfielder Xavier Paul has been told by the Dodgers that he will be promoted later today, according to The Times.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907

So who's left that has had big numbers that hasn't been busted yet: Griffey, Thomas, Thome...who else?

Great news for my fantasy team as I have Juan Pierre!!

Is this considered Manny being Manny?
    BTW- I'd rather hear Grande say: "Get em on, get em over, get em in, " 100 times, than hear that Manny phrase again.

Manny's claiming he was taking medicine from his personal doctor for personal issues, and he was assured that these drugs weren't going to show up on the banned list. Either its an oversight or Manny's lying through this teeth. What do you believe?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Wow. Wooooow.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Did I just hear that right?? Manny will lose $7.7 mil in salary during this suspension? HOLY COW. Not that I feel bad for him, but during a 50 game span he was gonna get paid more than some people's multi year deals are worth?

Say it aint so Manny.

I actually believe Manny's story, but if its on a drug on that list it is still his job to make sure it doesn't go in his body. I don't think Manny will be seeing that doctor again though.

I'm curious as to which banned substance he was taking. Other than that, I really don't care. But the Dodgers are going to have some big money to pick up a contract should they choose to do that.

I'm just mad this ruined the Terrelle Pryor edition of sportscenter.

Wait, I'm confused. Manny tested positive and gets suspended 50 games so why isn't A-Rod suspended? Didn't he test positive also?
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Turn Off Ads?