I love this lineup right now.

Taveras--cf
    hairston--SS
    Votto---1b
    Bruce---RF
    BP-----2b
    Rosales--3B
    Nixon----LF
    Hanigan/hernandez---right now i think there back to equal. I would give hanigan Arroyo and harang--and hernandez owings, cueto, volquez.

For right now i wanna see this everyday.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Votto = MVP

Re: argue with this lineup...

I like that lineup as well, but I don't see Dusty having Votto & Bruce at 3 & 4. He's gonna keep BP at 4 just to "split the lefties" even though Phillips has proven to be counter-productive in that spot. Bruce protecting Votto seems to be our best option right now, but I feel like we won't get to see it on a regular basis.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

First Argument is we need to pick up a LF named Nixon :

Replace Hairston with Janish and you have a winner.

I would bat Nix ahead of Rosales, and replace hairston with Janish as well.

Votto = MVP

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I could live with that. Dusty's already given one of his "dudes" the axe this week. I doubt he'll sit Hairston too, no matter how bad he's hitting. Hairston and Dickerson shouldn't be starting, and its nice that Dusty has finally seen this with Dickerson. How long do you think it'll take him to realize it with JHJ?

thorn

Quote Originally Posted by WILD THING View Post
    Hairston and Dickerson shouldn't be starting, and its nice that Dusty has finally seen this with Dickerson. How long do you think it'll take him to realize it with JHJ?
    Funny thing is, nearly everyone on this board went darn near ape crap this ST about Dickerson not getting the CF job then not letting him play everyday in LF. To me, the calling out of CD as incapable of being a starter now, is some serious back seat driving. (Not specifially referring to you Wild Thing).

Based on the start of the year, here is your correct lineup:

Taveras
    Hairston Jr.
    Votto
    Hernandez
    Bruce
    Phillips
    Nix
    Rosales
    Pitcher

As hot a bat as Hernandez has had in the past few weeks, I think he's lining himself up for our cleanup spot. Despite the fact Phillips has 5 homers, batting him six takes a lot of the pressure off him, and he will hit better because of it.

Votto = MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Funny thing is, nearly everyone on this board went darn near ape crap this ST about Dickerson not getting the CF job then not letting him play everyday in LF. To me, the calling out of CD as incapable of being a starter now, is some serious back seat driving. (Not specifially referring to you Wild Thing).
    Haha I wasn't on RedsZone during Spring Training, but I know what you're talking about. I wasn't ever really that big on Dickerson (there's a reason he was in the minors for so long) and figured he should be a 4th outfielder. Then again, that's when I was still naive enough to think we were going to get a big RH bat in LF.

Sounds good overall, but a couple of small things...

I think Nix and Rosales should be flipped. As it stands now, teams are a lock to bring in a lefty (assuming they have 1) from the bullpen to face Votto/Bruce at 3/4. If Nix was looming at 6th, I think they would leave him in for both Phillips and Nix. If you left Rosales above Nix, I think they would just take out the lefty after Bruce and take their chances with righty the whole rest of the lineup. You're essentially choosing whether its more important to get Phillips more ABs against LHPs or to get Nix more ABs against RHPs. That one is easy to me.

Also, I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I still think JHJ is a pretty big dropoff at shortstop defensively. I don't think I can get behind him playing there every day.

Votto = MVP

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    Also, I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I still think JHJ is a pretty big dropoff at shortstop defensively. I don't think I can get behind him playing there every day.
    I'm right there with ya. I like Janish's glove and his bat has shown major improvements from last season thus far.

thorn

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    I agree, JHJ at SS should only happen in emergencies. If Agon and Janish are available, they should be there period. IMO, it's the most important position on the field when it comes to defense and am willing to sacrifice a little offense to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Ditto. Better bat, better glove. And he's a proven strikeout pitcher.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Not me: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74631

i want janish to start playing everyday. That way you guys will realize hes not a hitter again.

Somehow just because hes strung together a few hits people seem to think janish is some kind of hitter now.

I want him in everyday than when he hits .205 with zero homers and limited extra base hits. We can get off that high horse.

I dont think janish gloves is worlds beyond hairstons. And as much as janish has been playing i havent seen him make any top 10 sportscenter plays over there at short. Like BP style.

However i have seen him make a game losing throwing error on a DB ball in extra innings.

Turn Off Ads?