Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 5/8/09 Reds vs Cards

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 5/8/09 Reds vs Cards

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Perhaps. But this frustrates me. I am a Reds fan in Memphis, TN. I have no one to watch games with, or discuss games with, or otherwise make observations with. If I did, I might have mused out loud, like I did in here, that the Cardinals appear to excel at working counts. I would have mused that off of tonight's game. Is that dangerous? Or is it a normal thing that happens in the course of watching a game? Am I not allowed to mention that observation here? If not, then why do we have this kind of forum? I enjoy "watching" games with folks again, rather than feeling isolated in my fandom.

So, sorry, PuffyPig, for offending you with a "dangerous" impression that I didn't stop to track before musing it. I will try and meet those heightened requirements for future threads. Or stop posting in them, I guess, and go back to being isolated. Awesome.
    Just an observation. Often those who feel they are more knowledgeable of the game and the Reds tend to put people down here. I do not think it's necessary or polite. But that's the way it's always been. I despise it and stay away for long periods. Like you, I'm in Reds country, but watch the games alone most of the time because everyone else has pretty much given up on the Reds around here. So when I do post, I make comments to kind of have conversation with people about the game. Once in awhile, I get an arrogant and nasty comment. If we cannot have conversation, no matter how stupid it seems to folks, then close this place.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 05-08-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?