Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What's with the GABP radar gun this year?

What's with the GABP radar gun this year?

Seems like the readings are completely off this year. The GABP gun has Cueto and Volquez topping out at 91-92, and sitting around 86-89 on their fastballs.

I can see without radar that they are throwing pretty hard, and other stadiums guns have them topping out at 94-96. MLB Gameday (Who I assume use their own gun) also show the pitches coming in 3-4 mph faster than the readings on tv.

Just seems strange as the GABP gun always seemed to add a mph or two in the past.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: What's with the GABP radar gun this year?

I've seen Cueto touch 93 tonight, but I was thinking it seems slower too. Almost NEVER do you see a 98 or 97.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Cueto just threw a 2-seam fastball at 83, there's definately something up with the gun.

I did see Cordero hit 98 on the GABP gun earlier this year, so who knows? It's certainly not consistent.

now 95, and 94 back to back. Maybe it's me but I think the gun has a mind of it's own this year.

I don't think there is a gun at GABP. They have Jim Day sitting by the control panel making speeds up and posting them on the scoreboard.

I was at the Braves & Reds game on Sunday April 26th. We all had a good laugh when the speed gun registered 112 for Atlanta's pitcher, Kawakami.

Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    I was at the Braves & Reds game on Sunday April 26th. We all had a good laugh when the speed gun registered 112 for Atlanta's pitcher, Kawakami.
    Maybe for him it was kilometers per hour?

Votto = MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    Must be 'roids :. Woah, can you even say that without starting an investigation? Sorry Kawakami.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

Turn Off Ads?