Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday, May 9th Minor League Updates

Re: Saturday, May 9th Minor League Updates

I have a feeling that may have been reported incorrectly in the play-by-play, because Denove was the only substitute identified (and both Parker and Frazier were described as first basemen). But I don't know.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oh. I just read doc's post better. Parker was Frazier's replacement when he was bounced. That's why there was only one sub.

The fact that stubbs has turned it up a bit is encouraging, but what I really like is that he's flashing some power. Lots of doubles, or so it seems, lately.

Hope he keeps up the momentum and has a great year. It would do wonders for this organization if he figured it out.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Alonso have a 13 game hitting streak?

Some random thoughts:

Alonso should be in Carolina by the end of the month.
    Watson is officially a bust.
    Mesoraco might be next on that list. Maybe he should be sent back to Dayton to try to restore some confidence.
    I hope Thompson can string together a few nice starts so that he can be packaged in a deal for something useful later this summer.
    I like to see Stubbs and Heisey both producing the way they are.
    Zach Cozart is a guy to watch closely. He could be the SS of the future.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Alonso have a 13 game hitting streak?
    Yes sir he does. Hitting .353 over that time period with 4 doubles and 2 HRs.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Mesoraco is showing some signs of life at the plate. He's still on the interstate though.

Watson's problem is control. He can't get anything over except the fastball, so he walks people/falls behind in counts and then has to groove 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Some random thoughts:

Watson is officially a bust.
    I think so too. That was a strange draft pick to begin with and his numbers have been progressively worse every year.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    I think so too. That was a strange draft pick to begin with and his numbers have been progressively worse every year.
    I'm assuming here but I think It's all about discipline/work ethic with this kid and that's what the Reds apparently glossed over when deciding on him. I haven't seen him since he played for Dayton, I wonder has he put on any weight since then? Apparently that was an issue his 1st year when he stunk it up out of the gate they told him over that winter he needed to slim down and he did and pitched great in Dayton. Most batters down there though couldn't lay off his knuckle curve with a 2 strike count so he got bye fine. When a batter did lay off he had no answer but to walk them it seemed, I bet he hasn't done anything to improve his other offerings since then.

Mes shouldn't have been forced to Sarasota to begin with along with Soto and Bucholz. I'd have given them all at least a month or so to get there bearings in Dayton before I moved them up. Mes could have used a little longer than that even. But like Doc intimated he seems to be doing a little better as of late.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 05-10-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?