Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What would a home sweep of the Cards mean?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What would a home sweep of the Cards mean?

Its still very early in the season but my expectations for the Reds have gone up for this season.I believe that we are a playoff contender now without a doubt.

That being said I was very worried about the Reds having a poor showing against the first place Cardinals at home.The crowds have been very small and when they have shown up the team has struggled.I figured that todays game would draw pretty well with the promotion going on and our guys facing off against numero uno in the division.It did look as if it was a full house and it looked full until the last out of the game.The fans that made it to tonights game was thoroughly entertained and got their full moneys worth.

The first two games are in the book(both wins for the good guys)and to the team I'm sure that behind closed doors win or loose on Mothers Day they will consider this a successful series.To the people that spend the money to go tomorrow this will be so much more.Its a chance to go to a game that really means something(i know they all do)and to get excited and cheer for their team to win a game that will get a lot of people around the baseball world talking.It might be a little bit of a stretch to say that the atmosphere could be almost playoff like but I think it will be.Its a great opportunity to win some fans back.

Two out of three is great but a sweep at home against the first place Cards could be priceless.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 05-10-2009 at 01:10 AM.

Turn Off Ads?