Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Phillips in. Votto out.

Phillips in. Votto out.

According to John Fay this afternoon, Brandon Phillips is back in the lineup for this evening's game against St. Louis. Joey Votto, however, is not in the lineup for a third consecutive game though he may be available tomorrow.

In addition, they're talking about a small possibility Alex Gonzalez could be back in the lineup on Monday, though it seemed like wishful thinking to me.

Though it will be another game (tonight) without Votto, this lineup did score six runs each of the past two games. And now Phillips is back in the lineup, so I guess anything is possible.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phillips in. Votto out.

The "Cowboy" tonight said Votto is still dehydrated and don't want to risk getting a pulled hamstring.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    The "Cowboy" tonight said Votto is still dehydrated and don't want to risk getting a pulled hamstring.
    I hope he's back tomorrow, but there's no reason to rush it. He would be sorely missed if he went on the DL.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Votto was as absent tonight as his bobbleheads were to the public, free to the first 500 fans!
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Any word on Votto today?

Fay reports Votto is out of the lineup again today. Might be available for pinch hit duties, however.

I don't get it... If he is well enough to be around the guys in the dugout why isn't he in the lineup?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

It's official, we can't win with Votto playing. I mean he only hits a SOLO homerun (why couldn't you get the guys ahead of you on base, Joey) and he WALKS TWICE. What an Adam Dunn wannabe.

:

Turn Off Ads?