Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would a home sweep of the Cards mean?

Re: What would a home sweep of the Cards mean?

It would mean we'd still be in 2nd/3rd place if we won.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A good pitching night from Volquez will mean more than a home sweep of the Cards.

A sweep would mean two things:
    -A 15-8 record in the division
    -Improving at home, where the Reds have struggled
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    It would mean we'd still be in 2nd/3rd place if we won.
    Seriously? Is that how you'll really feel if the Reds win and sweep today, or are you just saying that to be clever?

If you are really that indifferent about sweeping the Cardinals, then I have a question for you and the other glass-half-empty pessimists on the board:

Is being a Reds fan even any fun anymore? With all the gloom and doom, I wonder why you even bother watching anymore? It's almost like half of the people on this site actually want the Reds to lose so they can say "I told you so."

Well, if that's your way of enjoying the baseball season - then I suppose it's your prerogative. As for me, I'm going to crack open an icy cold at 1 PM today and cheer the boys onto a sweep. (And then watch the Red Wings step on a Duck.)

I freakin love the Reds.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

I agree. A sweep here would be huge not only from a momentum standpoint (which cannot be overlooked) but would be another critical component in instilling much-needed confidence in these young guys. A half game out of first place over a month into the season?? Thats all kids like Bruce and Votto need to maintain their attitudes over the course of the long season.

It would have meant that we have one heck of a bench and that we are 25-men deep for once.

As it is, 2 of 3 and it still means that we have one heck of a bench and are 25-men deep.

We lost today though because we were 1-10 with Runners in Scoring Position. Our clutch hitting today was horrific.

Going into today, we were 9th in the NL in Batting Average (the only stat I care about w/ RISP as I want that guy in from 2nd or 3rd) w/ RISP at .250. With RISP and 2 Outs, we've been even worse this season, ranking 12th in the NL (16 teams) in Batting Average at .233.

We definitely need to hit better w/ RISP.

Who's 1st w/ RISP? St. Louis at .317, followed by Atlanta at .299 and LA at .297.

Young teams tend to not hit well in the clutch, where your veteran teams tend to do it much better.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-10-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Turn Off Ads?