Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Run/Player Music

Home Run/Player Music

What is the music they play at GABP when the Reds hit a home run? Any other player music, walk up or reliever, would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Home Run/Player Music

anybody?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Willy T

Outkast: Hey ya
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Future Reds All Star

I don't think they play special music for homeruns... do they?

Homeruns are dependent on the situation. A homerun to tie usually gets us 'The Boys are Back in Town." by Thin Lizzy.

A homerun to give the lead is 'She's Gone' by Montgomery Gentry.

Others I know off the top of my head....

Ryan Hanigan - Foo Fighters....can't recall the name at the moment.
    Laynce Nix - NIN - Bite the Hand That Feeds

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Laynce Nix - NIN - Bite the Hand That Feeds
    Nix also went to the plate with the entrance song Live Your Life by TI w/Rihanna on Saturday night.

Oddly enough, that's the only entrance song that I specifically remember from the two games I saw this weekend.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Thanks for all of these guys. Any more would be great. What about Jay and Joey?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Nix also went to the plate with the entrance song Live Your Life by TI w/Rihanna on Saturday night.

Oddly enough, that's the only entrance song that I specifically remember from the two games I saw this weekend.
    Pretty sure Nix had something totally different than this one or the other one on Sunday. It was the only one I thought was really cool and I have no idea what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Pretty sure Nix had something totally different than this one or the other one on Sunday. It was the only one I thought was really cool and I have no idea what it was.
    That would be the NIN one in my list. I was much happier to hear it than the hip hop stuff so many of these folks come to the plate with.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    That would be the NIN one in my list. I was much happier to hear it than the hip hop stuff so many of these folks come to the plate with.
    Oh cool, I just listened to the beginning of it and didn't hear the part he had. I'll check it out.

RampantRedsFan in the SunDeck sent me these:

I don't have access to the forum that you posted about songs on, but I believe Jay is "Don't Bring Me Down" by ELO, and Joey is "Black Betty" by Ram Jam. Please post this to the message if you get the chance.

Matt

Votto must have changed his recently because the song I heard was not "Black Betty". Unfortunately I don't know what it was but I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Votto must have changed his recently because the song I heard was not "Black Betty". Unfortunately I don't know what it was but I liked it.
    I don't listen to this type of music and a little surprised Votto does but I'm told his walk up song is "Amazin" by Kanye West. I always enjoy the Latin players' music, usually some crazy Spanish hip hop...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

/r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Yeah, it's the kind of thing that has to be updated every year. There has also been a ton of turnover.

Turn Off Ads?