Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Trivia Thread

Reds Trivia Thread

Thought it might be cool to start this. Feel free to add/answer questions as you see fit.

I'll start.

When was the date of the last time the Reds were 4 games (or better) above .500 during a prior season?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Trivia Thread

I believe it was 2006, around August 24. I am assuming it was around then because that was the last time the Reds were in first place beyond April. I remember that date because that was the date of my kidney transplant surgery.

Luckily my surgery has been a much greater success than the Reds since then.

I didn't really answer that one exactly, but I'll ask another anyway, to keep the thread going.

Who was the last Red to hit a "Red Seat" Upper Deck homer in Riverfront/Cinergy?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

I remember being 36 and 24 at one point in 2006. I also remember being in first place at the end of july when David Ross hit that walk off off of Izzzy for the STL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Who was the last Red to hit a "Red Seat" Upper Deck homer in Riverfront/Cinergy?
    Dmitri Young 8/21/00

__________________________________________________ ______________

Here is a question I asked in a trivia thread two months ago, but the thread died before anyone answered.

Who is the last Reds pitcher to pitch a complete game shutout in his first major league start (it was not his first appearance).

HINT: He was very mediocre with the Reds but enjoyed a great deal of success with two other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Dmitri Young 8/21/00

__________________________________________________ ______________

Here is a question I asked in a trivia thread two months ago, but the thread died before anyone answered.

Who is the last Reds pitcher to pitch a complete game shutout in his first major league start (it was not his first appearance).

HINT: He was very mediocre with the Reds but enjoyed a great deal of success with two other teams.
    Good guess, but it was in Sept of 2002.

Working on yours, that's a good one.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Off the top of my head, Milt Wilcox seems like a good answer...but I only remember him having success with the Tigers.
    I have a second candidate, but don't want to seem like I am cheating by throwing out a bunch of answers at once.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Off the top of my head, Milt Wilcox seems like a good answer...but I only remember him having success with the Tigers.
    I have a second candidate, but don't want to seem like I am cheating by throwing out a bunch of answers at once.
    Ross Grimsley????
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Ross Grimsley????

no, but he was a left-hander......

I withdraw Wilcox as a candidate. His term with the Reds wasn't all that bad, plus, he was a very good pitcher for Detroit, but that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Ross Grimsley????
    He was another choice of mine, but I wasn't really that bad with the Reds either.
    The other guy I had in mind was a huge swing and a miss in Mike Caldwell - for some reason, I had it in my head that he started with the Reds.
    However, I am quite certain I have figured it out. We are looking too early. I am pretty sure the guy who did it, did so in 1980 (after appearing in a few games in 1979). He put up some pretty good numbers later on, while the guy the Reds got in return never put in a Cincinnati uniform.

EDIT: after seeing Hap's response, I am quite certain it was this guy...however, I will let someone else take the serve since I totally flubbed it.
    Last edited by MrCinatit; 05-10-2009 at 03:41 PM.

no, but he was a left-hander......
    Charlie Leibrandt 4-14-1980

Liebrandt?
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

The answer to my question was, indeed, Charlie Leibrandt.

I'm still stumped as to the red seat HR question in this thread. If it was in 2002, then it could have only been to right field.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

The answer to my question was, indeed, Charlie Leibrandt.

I'm still stumped as to the red seat HR question in this thread. If it was in 2002, then it could have only been to right field.
    It couldn't have been in '02 he said Riverfront/Cinergy.

Oops, forgot thought it was '02 when we moved in.

NM
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Haunted by walks

Juan Encarnacion?

Russell Branyan for the last red-seat homer at Riverfront? I think Eduardo Perez hit one of the last ones, but I will go with Branyan.

Turn Off Ads?