Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 224

That's the number of pitches the Reds saw today from Cardinals' pitching. If ever there's a bright side, that sure is it.

The Reds today averaged 4.77 pitches per plate appearance as a team. If nothing else, I really think the offense has shown tremendous progress recently.

Waive McDonald, put Jonny Gomes on the 40-man roster and bring him up, and suddenly you've got a nice lefty-righty leftield platoon with some pop. Chris Dickerson can be the defensive, late-inning replacement.

Despite the disappointing loss, really encouraging progress being shown by this club. Further, on a slightly unrelated note, I do not buy Micah Owings' career stats as being a product of sample size issues. That dude can flat swing the bat. If he fails as a pitcher (and I am high on him as a fifth starter), he'll have a 10-year career as a left fielder in my honest opinion.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Re: 224

The pitch count is very impressive. That shows that our young guys are patient at the plate. Could that be a product of Dan O'Brien's take a pitch mentality in the minors a few years ago?

I dont think that today was a disappointing lose. I feel if nothing else we had the division leaders on the ropes for 10 innings. We are proving to be a force to be dealt with. People are going to start noticing that our boys can play.

Don't our guys know that we are not supposed to be winning these games? We aren't supposed to be this good.

I LOVE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?