Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just Bought Club Home Tickets

Just Bought Club Home Tickets

I just bought a pair of Club Home tickets for the Cleveland game next Saturday night. I've sat just about everywhere in the park except for here. I paid $100 a piece....can anyone who's sat here tell me if it's worth the money or not? Especially this year with the renovated FSN Ohio Champions Club. It is my understanding that the ticket is all inclusive minus beer.

For those who have sat here before, what have your experiences been like?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just Bought Club Home Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I just bought a pair of Club Home tickets for the Cleveland game next Saturday night. I've sat just about everywhere in the park except for here. I paid $100 a piece....can anyone who's sat here tell me if it's worth the money or not? Especially this year with the renovated FSN Ohio Champions Club. It is my understanding that the ticket is all inclusive minus beer.

For those who have sat here before, what have your experiences been like?
    I've sat there several times and they are great seats. They are not worth 100 dollars a piece though. I think I paid about 65 a piece for all the games (06, 07, etc.) I've sat there. If it includes food and all that, then it might be worth it. Anyway, they are great seats. They are much better than the regular club seats.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I sit there regularly. Awesome seats. If you have seats at the far right or left of the section you stand a good chance of getting a foul ball. If your seats are more towards the center.....pay attention! There are a lot of screamers that come up that way. But overall, that 200 section is by far my favorite. You are elevated so that you don't have 100 people walking in front of you, you have a view of the entire field and the seats are comfy.

With regards to the Champion Club. I don't think it's worth the extra money and we've already expressed our disappointment to the Reds (who I'm sure could care less). There is some so-so food available, but much of it just doesn't fit a baseball game (lobster bites?). The hot-dogs and hamburgers are small and tasteless. All of the portions are sort of "appetizer" sized which is good because you don't hog out. OTOH you have to make 57 trips back to the food lines to get full. You miss a lot of the game doing that.

What is nice, however, is that you can go directly outside the Champions Club, and there's a row of seats by themselves before you start down the stairs to the normal seating in the section down the 1st base line. That allows you to watch the game, and be close to the food. Also, you can still see some mounted TV's so you can watch instant replays.

But the Club Home seats are the best view in the ballpark. The food deal is over rated.

In the Club Home section look for the usher Victor (larger black man) or Bob (taller gentleman in his late 50's with thick gray hair). Very nice men who will chat with you about baseball.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Do regular club seats come with free food and drinks?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Do regular club seats come with free food and drinks?
    No, but they include admission to Club 4192. Once in there, you have the opportunity to pay for (and consume) your food and drinks in carpeted, air-conditioned splendor.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    No, but they include admission to Club 4192. Once in there, you have the opportunity to pay for (and consume) your food and drinks in carpeted, air-conditioned splendor.
    That's a ripoff then. I was looking to get some tickets for the next Fireworks Friday game. The club seats are $90. I'm quite the eater, so it's not in me to spend $90 per ticket, and at least another $20 on food and drinks.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

That's actually not true. Those seats have access to the Champions Club and its free food/sodas/water also. Both Club sections have it.

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    That's actually not true. Those seats have access to the Champions Club and its free food/sodas/water also. Both Club sections have it.
    That's my understanding as well. We always get standard club seats (300's sections) for our annual guys trip (for just one game). This year I understand we have the unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages. We have the June 5 Gubs game this year, section 302.

I am not expecting the food to be "worth it" so to speak, but we really like the club sections in general and the access to what was formerly Club 4192, so we did it anyways. I do see a side benefit that we all might have the occasional soda now & again , thus making our "1 day trip" last a little longer than if we just had beer all game! We're usually all done by 11 PM anymore, so this could help us out!

We like the view and the sets in the club sections. It would be a tough price to swallow if I had to pay for multiple tickets, but for a 1x/year trip that I only have to pay for 1 person, our group unanimously agreed they were worth it!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    That's my understanding as well. We always get standard club seats (300's sections) for our annual guys trip (for just one game). This year I understand we have the unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages. We have the June 5 Gubs game this year, section 302.

I am not expecting the food to be "worth it" so to speak, but we really like the club sections in general and the access to what was formerly Club 4192, so we did it anyways. I do see a side benefit that we all might have the occasional soda now & again , thus making our "1 day trip" last a little longer than if we just had beer all game! We're usually all done by 11 PM anymore, so this could help us out!
    I was in the Club Box seats yesterday for Mother's Day with the family and I would recommend those seats. They're divided in boxes of four. The tickets are $100 each, but you get two drink tickets with each tickets for beer, wine, etc. plus the unlimited food and sodas. And they have an attendant come to your box to do in-seat service for drinks and you can order appetizer trays from the Riverfront Club for extra.

As far as the food went, these were the food stations they had set up yesterday:
    Hot dogs, hamburgers and big Red Smokies
    Lobster Bites
    3-cheese panninis
    Montgomery Inn pulled pork and saratoga chips
    Nachos with cheese
    LaRosa's pizza
    Chicken alfredo

It was pretty good food. It's not the same gourmet/upscale food as the Diamond Club perhaps, but still plenty of choices depending on your tastes. Plus a bunch of frozen ice cream treats.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    It's been a couple of years since I had club seats. Guess the perks have changed since then.
    /r/reds

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

It's been a couple of years since I had club seats. Guess the perks have changed since then.
    Yeah, same here. I loved the club seats with the in-seat service, but it took away from the whole ball game experience for me. I'd rather be closer to the action. And for $90-100, I could eat a lot of food and drink a lot of beer for the difference. Heck, i usually eat before the game somewhere downtown. Ballpark food is only adequate at best.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?