Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds at Diamondbacks Series (5/11-5/13)

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Reds at Diamondbacks Series (5/11-5/13)

Cincinnati 17-14, .548, tied for 3rd in Central 2.5 GB
    Arizona 13-19, .406, tied for 3rd in West 8.5 GB

Probables
    Monday
    Bronson Arroyo, RHP (4-2, 7.15)
    vs
    Jon Garland, RHP (3-1, 4.03)

Tuesday
    Micah Owings, RHP (2-3, 5.08)
    vs
    Dan Haren, RHP (3-3, 1.84)

Wednesday
    Johnny Cueto, RHP (3-1, 1.59)
    vs
    Bryan Augenstein, RHP (0-0, -.--) ML debut, up from AA Mobile

No Game Notes available yet.

I'm going to go ahead and predict 2 out of 3 for the Reds. I don't see them beating Haren and I don't see Cueto losing, so tonight's game could decide the series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds at Diamondbacks Series (5/11-5/13)

The pitching probables for the Padres series seems to favor the Reds too. Friday will probably be Correia, a righty who gives up a ton of hits and walks. Saturday would be Geer, another righty.

Then Peavy on Sunday. On paper, it sure looks like we could pull out a 4-2 road trip...but I'll take 3-3 too.

Dude Rock

The whole 'Zona series depends on Arroyo. If he bounces back, then we're in business. Poor Owings has to face Haren unfortunately. Could go 1-2 or 2-1 against them.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

How long do we let Arroyo slide? I realize he has 4 wins but save maybe 2 outings, he hasn't pitched well this season. I'd like to see Arroyo out of the rotation and Bailey in there.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    How long do we let Arroyo slide? I realize he has 4 wins but save maybe 2 outings, he hasn't pitched well this season. I'd like to see Arroyo out of the rotation and Bailey in there.
    Until I am confident that Baily could give the team 200+ innings of mid-4 ERA baseball, then I hope the Reds keep Arroyo in there. You ahve to take the bad with the good with Arroyo, and more often than not you can count on him for a quality start.

Just keep winning series, and well be ok. 2-1 series' produce winning season. Let's keep it goin on the road.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... I'm sorry. I just find it really funny how for a few weeks people are clamoring for Owings to get kicked out of the rotation and now because Owings has pitched OK (for a 5th starter) the guns turn to Arroyo.

Bailey got knocked around in his last start by the way. I think 7 Runs in the first two innings with more walks than k's if I remember right.

About the games themselves; A 4-2 road trip is about the most I would hope for but I think 3-3 or 2-4 is more likely. These west coast trips are brutal and Haran and Peavy are going to be tough to beat.

Dude Rock

You'd like to see Cueto, Harang and Volquez out and Bailey in there. :

So..........do like Bailey or something?

Votto = MVP

I have a feeling Arroyo is going to put together a solid start tonight. My prediction:
    7.1 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 6 K, 2 BB
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

I like your optimism. Well, we are playing a team 6 games under. Wouldn't you think we'd play well against them if we're a serious team?

Votto = MVP

We definitely need to play well if we want to be considered a serious team. We can't lose games we should clearly win if we want to be in contention. Sure taking a the series' against the Cubs and Cardinals are nice, but if we lose to teams like Arizona and Houston when they're struggling, then we have no shot.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

West Coast Trips always seem to bring out the worst in the Reds. I am very nervous about our chances.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Pitch around Justin Upton this series. He's been red hot (17 game hitting streak, slugging .754 during that time period), other then him, they're limited in what they can do offensively.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

I see us losing 2/3 in this series, and winning 2/3 vs San Diego, which brings them back home still at 3 games over, which i'd be content with.

Turn Off Ads?