Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's hear it for Willy T

Let's hear it for Willy T

I know a lot of people dog on him because of certain stats such as slug and such, but this guys has been phenominal so far and has been a huge part of our start I believe. It literally seems like he gets on base to start off almost every game and has scored in the first inning quite a few times. He is seeing a lot of pitches, getting on a lot of ways, even getting a few RBI's given the opportunities. He has played a pretty respectable CF also.

I don't look for him to keep this up all season, hitting .290/.360 ish but for now let's give him some props and hope he keeps it up.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Votto = MVP

Re: Let's hear it for Willy T

I was never upset with the Willy T signing. I also thought people were being somewhat unfair when they constantly ran him into the ground and made him out to be the next Patterson before the season even started. I love Willy T on this ball club. He's done exactly what you said, and that's get on base and score. Isn't that what you expect from your lead off batter?
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

I owe him my apologies.

Way to go Willie, and Walt for finding a Gold Nugget in the Rockies' tailings (that stuff you throw away when you're panning).

hell yeah! 3-3 so far.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I agree although I was never against the signing - I just hated the negotiation process in place there. When no one is bidding against you, you start low.

The problem for Willy, at least as far as his RZ popularity is concerned, is that he was persona non-grata from the beginning. He will need to play exceptional baseball all year to keep the dogs off of him.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Well, I have to get this off my chest. His defense yesterday cost us a few runs. Misjudging that single to 'maker, not hustling, and then the bobble of the hit in the gap. He wasn't the only one yesterday (Volquez also helped), though.

That being said, he has done some work at the plate, and been great at the top of the order. He was on base 2 out of the 5 times up yesterday. He's a definite improvement over the players we've had in center the last few years. Yesterday notwithstanding, his defense has been very solid. Glad to have him.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

I love him.....I just wish he would run more, I want to see him steal as many bases as he said he would when interviewed in spring training....I do agree that he is our spark plug.

I told you all that you'd be eating crow!
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I agree although I was never against the signing - I just hated the negotiation process in place there. When no one is bidding against you, you start low.

The problem for Willy, at least as far as his RZ popularity is concerned, is that he was persona non-grata from the beginning. He will need to play exceptional baseball all year to keep the dogs off of him.
    I actually think the White Sox were pretty hard after him, you know Ozzie loves a fast leadoff guy, and they are even desperate enough to bring back Scotty Pods. But I don't really know the inside info about the bidding process, just a though.

dude is 5-5 with 4 runs and 2 batted in...what a player!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

He is RED HOT right now (no pun). Really getting it going and doing the job for us. Thumbs up willy.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Dude Rock

No complaints and total props to Willy T.

Incredible 5 hit night. We need him to be our table setter if we want to keep winning...

Tavaras and Hairston have both really hit well at the top of the order.

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

I think despite my initial feelings about the acquisition of Tavaras that he will be a valuable part of this team. I hope he keeps up the good work.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Turn Off Ads?