Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darnell McDonald

Darnell McDonald

Can anyone inform me as to why he is on our roster? I'm not sure what he brings to the table. Gomes is performing very well against lefties and IMO should have McDonald's roster spot so that he can platoon in left with Nix.

Also, is Dickerson locked in here? I would assume he has options. I don't think he needs to be sitting on the bench. Get him to Louisville where he can play until a situation arises where we need him. Maybe he goes down when Alex Gonzalez or EE comes back?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Darnell McDonald

When EE comes back and Gonzalez is healthy, he'll be going down, not Rosales...

Are you talking about McDonald or Dickerson?

McDonald will be the first one sent down...

Bring Up Gomes

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Bring Up Gomes
    I love these sort of thought-free sort of post. Last season, it was "Bring up Bruce". In 2007, it was "Bring up Homer". These are the same sort of posters that want Josh Hamilton back. Hee! I get a kick outta this.

Dickerson or McDonald will be going to AAA soon. My money is on Dickerson, if anything because I could see McDonald being released outright.

I really wished Taveras would have had a chance to get that 6th hit the other night but Dusty pust Darnell in... For a Defensive replacement...

I don't think Darnell will be here that much longer...

I have no problem with Darnell being sent down to AAA. He is an unpolished player with a ton of athletic ability. You know, just the type of player that should be playing every day to nurture that ability. He should not be on a 25-man roster watching Dusty do toothpick tricks and getting the odd look every third day or so.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I dont think he's that impressive of a prospect. He's not that young (30), has never displayed much power at any level. Doesn't really have any one great tool. Puzzling to me what they see him as helping.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Yeah, at 30 he is just keeping someone else from playing... Unless he is a AAA guy just in case...

McDonald down. Gomes up. Just like it should have been opening day...

Holy crap, it just hit me, Darnell was with the D-Rays before? I think I have watched him in Durham the last couple seasons, a bad sign if you have to ask if you have been watching the same player for a couple years and werent sure who he was.....
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Gomes or Hopper need to be called up soon! If not both...

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Although I like both Hopper and Gomes, Hopper for his ability to bunt/ advance runners and Gomes for his fiery attitude, I dont see either of those guys coming up anytime soon. I didn't like McDonald at 1st. His miscues in center on opening really got to me. Then he put the ball in play when no one else on the team was hitting the ball. He wasn't getting hits but he was hitting the ball. Now it appears that he isn't even doing that. I can't imagine the brass making a move right now. Its the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" train of thought.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Holy crap, it just hit me, Darnell was with the D-Rays before? I think I have watched him in Durham the last couple seasons, a bad sign if you have to ask if you have been watching the same player for a couple years and werent sure who he was.....
    He did play for Durham that is pretty funny. Just another face in the crowd.

Turn Off Ads?