Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosales/Nix/Hairston vs. EE/Gonzo

Rosales/Nix/Hairston vs. EE/Gonzo

So, what happens in about a week when EE and Gonzo are both back? Who do you sit, who plays?

Honestly, until this team stops hitting I keep the current guys playing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rosales/Nix/Hairston vs. EE/Gonzo

Laynce the Pants has to be an everyday player in this lineup at this point. Rosales is the hot topic right now on Sportscenter and PTI but long term he is probably just a utility/role player.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

I just know I'm dreading the day when EE and Gonzo fill out the lineup again with their low energy play.

Schnickelfritz

I think how Rosales is hitting and playing that he makes it harder for EE to break back into the lineup. If anything, the kid's spirit is needed in the clubhouse.

Gonzalez, defensively, is still an option but his bat is cold water. I'm not completely sold on Hairston still but I feel he's a better option (not looking at numbers here, just from what I've seen).

I think Nix has made players like McDonald and Dickerson irrelevant for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    Laynce the Pants has to be an everyday player in this lineup at this point. Rosales is the hot topic right now on Sportscenter and PTI but long term he is probably just a utility/role player.
    Excuse me? It's Laynce the Paynce. Come on lets get this right.

Dude Rock

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I just know I'm dreading the day when EE and Gonzo fill out the lineup again with their low energy play.
    All the more reason Dusty will put them in the lineup.

Doesn't matter what you've done. If it was your position to begin with, you get it back. That's how Dusty works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Rock View Post
    All the more reason Dusty will put them in the lineup.

Doesn't matter what you've done. If it was your position to begin with, you get it back. That's how Dusty works.
    I'm not so sure. If the kid keeps playing hard EE will have to earn his slot back. Besides, Rosales is becoming a fan favorite with his enthusiasm. (Fans buy the tickets. Dusty knows that.)

I say you cut all ties with Gonzo. What does he add to the team that a young guy like Janish doesn't? I even think Janish has the better bat right now.

Release Gonzo, free up the roster spot, bring up Gomes to be the real platoon partner with Nix.

Although you could probably do that now by dropping McD.

Keep EE on the DL as long as possible. Put Gonzo on it and leave him there.

Dude Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    I say you cut all ties with Gonzo. What does he add to the team that a young guy like Janish doesn't? I even think Janish has the better bat right now.

Release Gonzo, free up the roster spot, bring up Gomes to be the real platoon partner with Nix.

Although you could probably do that now by dropping McD.
    I disagree. I keep both on the DL as long as possible and keep them in triple AAA on rehab assignments. Is there a limit on how long a player can rehab and play in minor league games?

I disagree about Janish bat. I'd rather have a healthy AGon at SS over Janish. Janish seems overmatched at times.

I think EE will jump back into the 3rd spot as soon as he's eligible, and I have mixed feelings on it. On the one hand, Rosales downright scares me at 3rd. Seems like he makes every play close. Nothing is routine. EE has the ability to make some great plays at 3rd. Of course, we all know he is prone to errors, too. From what I have seen though, I dont think Rosales is any better playing the position.

As for hitting, Rosales is fun to watch. And I would like to play the hot hand with him until he slows down. But I think he WILL slow down. At that point, I really hope Dusty doesnt write him off. I thought I would be saying EE gives us a distinct power advantage, and maybe he does, but with 2 homers in the last two games, Rosales has shown his stripes too.

As I wrote this post, I realized I would prefer Rosales. His energy and hard work earned him the chance to stay there.

When EE comes back someone is going to have to go.My guess is that it will be Rosales.I would prefer Dickerson or McD but I think the team will avoid the controversy the best they can by sending Adam down.Besides we have Janish and Hairston that can play infield and they wouldn't be sent down imo.

Gonzo will play every day when he is ready.I hope he proves that he deserves to because thats just the way its going to be.

I really like Nix and see no reason he should ever sit unless we bring Gomes up to face the lefties.By the way I think this should be done even though Nix seems to play great defense and I'm not sure about Gomes.Gomes kills lefties and the platoon would produce great results at the plate.

I was getting ready to start the same thread.

When this day comes im going to be FIRED UP. If they make any dumb moves.

This team is winning right now.

A.Gonzo and E>E have not been a part of that.

E.E-----
    Everything about him is streaky. His bat and his D go through HUGE SLUMPS.

And then the worst part even when he is streaking he's still average.

GONZO

Never liked the guy, probably never will. He hasnt shown me anything.
    His bat is worthless right now and his D isnt any better than janish so why is he on the team making a lot of money again>?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now ive said it before and i'll say it again. When hairston is in this lineup he makes THE difference.

Whatever dusty does he needs to find a way to keep him in there. And imo that means leaving Gonzo and EE riding the pine or off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    I was getting ready to start the same thread.

When this day comes im going to be FIRED UP. If they make any dumb moves.

This team is winning right now.

A.Gonzo and E>E have not been a part of that.

E.E-----
    Everything about him is streaky. His bat and his D go through HUGE SLUMPS.

And then the worst part even when he is streaking he's still average.

Never liked the guy, probably never will. He hasnt shown me anything.
    His bat is worthless right now and his D isnt any better than janish so why is he on the team making a lot of money again>?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now ive said it before and i'll say it again. When hairston is in this lineup he makes THE difference.

Whatever dusty does he needs to find a way to keep him in there. And imo that means leaving Gonzo and EE riding the pine or off the team.
    I think the day is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post
    I think the day is coming.
    Yeah i think it is too.

Which is why im so dissapointed already. Why change out a spark plug when all your cylinders are firing!

Turn Off Ads?