Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brewers

Brewers

What do you guys make of the Brewers? Contenders or Pretenders? Should we be as concerned about them as the Cards and Cubs?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Brewers

You know, I think they're pretenders. The big reason for saying that is just pitching. I look at their starting pitching and their bullpen pitching and I just wonder how they're doing it. Their lineup is SLIGHTLY more impressive then ours but they don't have the guns. Guys like Jeff Suppan and Manny Parra are only going to keep you in the hunt for so long. I like Gallardo. But they'll be out gunned when it comes to August and September. I do think it's scary that Prince Fielder hasn't gotten hot yet.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Pretenders.

Our SP/Bullpen is simply on another level than Milwaukee.

I say pretenders, too. Braun and Fielder are scary names to see on the card every night, but so were Griffey and Dunn (bit of a stretch comparison, I know). And the pitching staff is nothing to be overly concerned about. They will fade.

I think the Brewers are a +.500 team this season.I don't think their good enough to make the play offs.

Only have 1 good starting pitcher
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Too many of their hitters are overhyped and their pitching is sub-Par(ra).

Yea, I'm not scared...

when Braun and Fielder are hitting, they're gonna be tough to beat. If either one goes cold, they'll struggle.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Fielder had a huge game tonight (2 HR, 4 RBI) and they won
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipsHead View Post
    Too many of their hitters are overhyped and their pitching is sub-Par(ra).

Yea, I'm not scared...
    Rickie Weeks is supposed to be the breakout player of the year going on 5 years and he hits .215 like every year. Prince Fielder is a tad overrated and Ryan Braun if anything is underrated. That guy can straight rake. And for the most part, no pitching.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

The Brewers have a good team to put people in the seats with the young good names. I think that we are ahead of them because we still have our top 2 pitchers, (heck for that matter we have our top 8 starters.) They are hurting in the pitching department. But they can put up some runs.

I feel we moved forward, and they moved to where we were with the big boppers from the past. We had the team that could hit nothing but homers, where did that land us.

They have the highest run differential in the division, +22. If they keep it up, they're in it for the long haul.

Old Red Guard Reject

Gallardo is their only SP. They have a few guys that can hit besides Prince and Braun. Hart, Hardy, etc. but overall nothing to get excited over. Pretenders.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

carmack42

Well, if the Reds win the division and the Cardinals win the wild card...

Hey, we have a winning record in May. It's time to start hoping for more than a .500 season, right?!

Turn Off Ads?