Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 5/12/09 Reds vs D-Backs

Re: 5/12/09 Reds vs D-Backs

Reds
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I think the Reds will do well tonight.
    Can I get a clock radio, or some sort of parting gift?

Ramon Friggin Hernandez w/ 4 SPECTACULAR plays at 1st tonight.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Why don't we see a replay? He clearly called strike on that pitch.
    He kind of half put his arm up to the side like it was a strike, but not all the way. He was caught in between and never made it clear what he was calling. I saw him say 3-1 before the pitch that Cordero thought was a K, so I knew that wasn't a K, but Wendelstadt blew that first pitch. It was a great curve ball from Cordero and should have been a K.

But it's all good! Reds win, Reds win!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Micah getting a win against his former team has to feel SO good! I'm really happy for him. He was fantastic tonight but overall, this was a really great game from everyone. Steal a game from Haren?! That's just awesome. GO REDS!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

That is the 3rd win of the year for Owings. It brings to mind a stat John Fay had in his blog last week. Last year the Reds had 4 wins all year from the 5th starter from all the people they tried at 5th starter. So they have almost matched that in mid May.

Senor Votto

Move Votto to left and put Ramon on 1st until Alonso is ready!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Micah getting a win against his former team has to feel SO good! I'm really happy for him. He was fantastic tonight but overall, this was a really great game from everyone. Steal a game from Haren?! That's just awesome. GO REDS!
    Exactly! This will be a confidence booster for Owings beating his old team and outdueling Haren. I love the way things are shaping up for our Redlegs!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I don't know what happened to Ramon between his Baltimore stint and coming to Cincinnati but he's like a different player this year in hitting, catching, defense, and definitely in his demeanor. Orioles fans are still thrilled he's gone but I'm totally thrilled that he's here. I guess the change of scenery did him a world of good. It's funny how things work out for everyone. :
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I think the Reds might actually be a legit team this year.

Still a bat away from being a WS contender, but it's progress.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Can I get a clock radio, or some sort of parting gift?

Ramon Friggin Hernandez w/ 4 SPECTACULAR plays at 1st tonight.
    Uh, no. As Arnold would say, "you'll be back."

Hernandez is the anti-Ross, Bako, and Valentin. And all it took was Ryan Freel.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The Reds fifth starter beat one of the best pitchers in baseball tonight. Awesome, awesome win. 19-14. How nice would it be if Cueto could finish off a sweep on Wednesday night?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This is pretty damn cool! A posible sweep? West coast? Cards lost tonight!....

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    That is the 3rd win of the year for Owings. It brings to mind a stat John Fay had in his blog last week. Last year the Reds had 4 wins all year from the 5th starter from all the people they tried at 5th starter. So they have almost matched that in mid May.
    So, you don't think there will be any more posts about people hoping the Reds find someone else for the No. 5 role? haha. I love it!

The Dunner-for-Owings trade is working out quite well for us. And we could have re-signed Dunn when he became a FA if we really wanted him. (He's having a very good season with the Nats BTW. But I still like getting Owings for him when Dunn was on the verge of being a free agent.)

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Reds fifth starter beat one of the best pitchers in baseball tonight. Awesome, awesome win. 19-14. How nice would it be if Cueto could finish off a sweep on Wednesday night?
    It would be pretty nice. And considering he's been the Reds' ace so far this year and the D-Backs are starting a rookie making his MLB debut, I am fully expecting the brooms to be brought out.

And I fully know that the Reds have a history of making rookies in their MLB debut look like Cy Young, but this year just feels different on many levels.

Why is it though that they year I really want to watch my Reds the FSN here only shows me every other game or so?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?