Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: 5/12/09 Reds vs D-Backs

Re: 5/12/09 Reds vs D-Backs

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Jon Rauch threw up and in on Phillips. He missed hitting him by 6-8 inches. The DBacks announcers thought it was intentional. Mark Grace mentioned that Owings has a history of taking up for his teammates.
    That baby was a fastball at his head and seemed to be pretty clearly a message pitch. The only reason it seemed "6-8 inches" is that Phillips leaned way back out of the way immediately. But, in his stance, it was defintely chin music.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    That baby was a fastball at his head and seemed to be pretty clearly a message pitch. The only reason it seemed "6-8 inches" is that Phillips leaned way back out of the way immediately. But, in his stance, it was defintely chin music.
    I don't think Micah was retaliating. I just thought he missed inside and the dude sucked at backing away.

So far as I know, FoxSports never ran a replay of that first pitch to Stephen Drew. I thought the ump called it a strike. Anyone see a replay or have it on tape?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So far as I know, FoxSports never ran a replay of that first pitch to Stephen Drew. I thought the ump called it a strike. Anyone see a replay or have it on tape?
    I noticed right away that he did not call it a strike, but was motioning that it was inside. He has a very loud and distinct strike call, both verbal and hand signal, which he did not do. I think the hand motion is what confused everyone to think he called it a strike, which it was, he missed the pitch. Having followed the team for so long, I thought for sure the collapse was coming for sure after that, we'd lose the game, and go 1-5 on the road trip

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Having followed the team for so long, I thought for sure the collapse was coming for sure after that, we'd lose the game, and go 1-5 on the road trip

That's just another sign that things have changed...for the better

Who knows how the year will end up but a lot of things are different now starting with the fact that this team can win on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    This is a fun read

Diamondbacks forum
    Thanks for that link. The funniest line in there, to me, was this one (following Phillips hustling over to 3rd when Young nonchalanted the ground single):

I think Hinch should hand out notepads to all of the players and they should take notes every time they see the other team do something good.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Thanks for that link. The funniest line in there, to me, was this one (following Phillips hustling over to 3rd when Young nonchalanted the ground single):
    Yea. Especially from Phillips who is world renowned for his nonchalance. Did anyone notice his busting arse after he posed for his homerun? He knew it was gone so he did his best Rosales after he started off around the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Good call. I was thinking the same thing last night. Hinch and whoever stands beside him (Bench or Pitching Coach) look like two business men who wandered into the dugout with uniforms on. They seriously look out of place. I've never seen them speak to another player, give high fives, or even show a little a bit of emotion. I have a feeling the situation will only get uglier as the season moves forward.
    I posted this early in the thread.....this is what he told the Dbacks announcers about his lineup

AJ Hinch sounds overmatched as a major league manager.
    "Wanted to put a left handed catcher in the 2 hole to give the pitcher a different look"

Huh?
    It's gets funnier every time I read it.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I posted this early in the thread.....this is what he told the Dbacks announcers about his lineup

It's gets funnier every time I read it.
    I'll be holding out for the left-handed 2B, 3B and SS.

Turn Off Ads?