Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Potential Trade

Potential Trade

What do you guys think of this deal in a Keeper league.

My current keepers are Morneau, Ichiro, Youkilis, Hamilton.

I have a guy who wants to give me Bruce and another for Hamilton.

My question is who do you guys like long term...Bruce or Hamilton?

Adding in that other guy want hurt I guess if those two are pretty equal.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Re: Potential Trade

Hamilton has maybe 3 of 4 good years then he tops out. He did alot of damage to his body.

Does this league have a salary per player per year? Is a dynasty league, if just a keeper try to get a good closer or a decent young ss, those guys can get hot then you can move them for someone else. Just my thought, but I like to have closers.

No salaray involved at all. Just a ten team league with four players kept each year.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

I'd do it.

Are you built to win this year or next, or are you looking long term?

Can't say I'll win this year. Doesn't look to good this early at least. Since you only keep 4 players a year I think a lot can change year to year. Looking now and the next....2-3 years ahead.

- Joe Posnanski

I would go for it, but make sure the other piece to the trade is valuable too...

Given your current situation, I don't see how this deal makes sense for your team.

Generally speaking I'm not a fan of two for one trades unless I'm getting the best player involved in the deal. I'll consider accepting two players for one if I'm addressing a glaring need and the other owner involved is significantly overpaying but for the most part I don't like diluting my talent base by dealing away a player and getting two lesser players in return. This becomes even more magnified when you're dealing with top tier talent in a limited keeper league setting.

In your case you're talking about dealing away a legitimate keeper in Hamilton and getting a borderline keeper in return. This is a particularly bad idea when you're team isn't really in contention and you've already got one eye looking forward to next season.

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea to consider moving Hamilton but if I were to move him I'd rather see what I could get for him in a one for one deal.

Turn Off Ads?