Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wednesday 5/13/09 minor league updates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Wednesday 5/13/09 minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    From snooping around on the web a little it is posted that he throws 87-89. So he may touch 90. I have also seen that his change up is his strike out pitch and that he relays on control. I have read someone comparing him to Matt Maloney. It would appear that he is more finesse than power. (not that there's anything wrong with that) I have never seen him pitch so take the preceding with a grain of salt.
    That sounds about right. He can hit 90, I have seen it. I haven't seen him hit higher than 90 though. When he is on, he has good offspeed stuff and real good control. Guys like that can flat out own low A hitters for the most part. I think Fairel and Maloney are similar pitchers in terms of upside though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I agree with Doug, Ive seen him in the CWS he is similar to Thurman, theyre both like Kent Merker, decent fastball but lots good breaking balls that move all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    It's getting chippy now. Birmingham's pitcher threw high and tight on Frazier after Frazier glared at him for going inside the pitch before. A couple players from each dugout came out onto the field to join the jawing. Warnings have now been issued by the home plate ump.
    Frazier has been in the middle of rumbles twice within the last week. He must need some anger management counseling

Lost in all the justifiable fuss over Fairel . . . how 'bout Mace Thurman? 3 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 7 K. My lands.

And incidentally, West Michigan has the best record in the league.

I like Mace a lot, like I was saying his off speed stuff is wicked, sort of like Herrera but throws harder

Turn Off Ads?