Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whither Edwin?

Whither Edwin?

Anyone have any updates on EdE? Is he just resting his wrist at this point in time? Is there rehabilitative therapy involved? Is some sort of surgery a possibility if neither of those approaches work? Is Doc Hollywood being kept as far away as possible from Encarnacion? Is there any chance that this turns into one of the Reds-famous 'day-to-days' that last the rest of the season? I don't have the feeling he is very close to returning and will need to endure a short rehab stint down at AAA. But I don't know. Does anyone?

Several quick follow up questions.

Has Adam Rosales played up to your expectations?
    Has AR done enough to stay with the team even when Edwin returns?
    If Rosales stays, then who goes?

Feel free to opine.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Re: Whither Edwin?

Rosales should stay until he gives them a darn good reason to stop playing him everyday. EE gave them a darn good reason to stop playing him everyday yet Dusty would keep running him back out there. I think I'm comfortable with Rosales at this time.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I haven't heard anything on Edwin's status. I would guess he is in rest mode and will be doing some rehab games here in a week or so.

As far a Rosales goes; I think that he is the classic Freel/Keppinger type player. He's gonna have his hot streaks but I don't think he's has the overall talent to be a starter for a full year. He's best suited as a 250-300 AB guy who can step in and start a few games need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Rosales should stay until he gives them a darn good reason to stop playing him everyday. EE gave them a darn good reason to stop playing him everyday yet Dusty would keep running him back out there. I think I'm comfortable with Rosales at this time.
    X2 If he's streaky and burns out, how would that make him any less suitable than Edwin?

I like Rosales out there... He just looks like he belongs... When EE comes back... It wouldn't be so bad to play him in left to keep him off of 3rd base... But I would prefer to Trade him for a Starting Pitcher.

Pull your socks down, Goober!

I love the kid but I yell the above at the TV every time I see him!

At least I am not yelling, "Quit Pouting"!

Keep the socks up buddy, you look like a ballplayer, I hate the newer style of pants all the way down to the cleats, I saw a player trip on his own pants a couple weeks ago!!!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I like Rosales out there... He just looks like he belongs... When EE comes back... It wouldn't be so bad to play him in left to keep him off of 3rd base... But I would prefer to Trade him for a Starting Pitcher.
    For a starting pitcher for the Lousiville Bats? We have no one to pull from to rotation right now. I say we let EdE come back, as long as AR is hitting like he is he plays. Maybe not being handed the 3rd base job year in and year out will light a fire under EdE.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    Pull your socks down, Goober!

I love the kid but I yell the above at the TV every time I see him!

At least I am not yelling, "Quit Pouting"!
    High Socks = Base Knocks

I feel that EE has not really improved enough into the quality player that the Reds had expected of him over several years now. We're not talking about a second or third year player. Yes he comes through with some timely hits and can hit for power on occasion. I think he has been around too long and will never be better than an "average" 3Bman. I've always thought his inconsistant hitting/batting average and throwing errors make him replaceable. I like Rosales, hope he keeps up his good start and his goofy socks.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    For a starting pitcher for the Lousiville Bats? We have no one to pull from to rotation right now. I say we let EdE come back, as long as AR is hitting like he is he plays. Maybe not being handed the 3rd base job year in and year out will light a fire under EdE.
    You must think he has little to No Trade Value... A lot of people thought that Jeff Keppinger was this Great Hitter and was a valuable commodity...

We all saw what we got for him... Minor league SS... Drew whatever...

Just wanted to remind people the Jeff Keppinger wasn't a starter...

But I do think that Edwin has some Trade Value as a piece to a Bigger Trade.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I think that Rosales is the starter till Ede gets back. Then Ede has to prove he can hit and field the ball. If not, Ede is the pinch hitter. You have to lead by example. He was a poor example thus far.

I for one hope he gets a rehab stint with the Bats. I am going to see them play this Friday in Durham. Any chance he will be in town?

Zach-went to the Bulls game last night and didnt see any sign of him being with L-ville last night, doubt anything happens by tomorrow at this point. You go to a lot of Bulls games? Havent seen ya on here before, but liking how many NC people I am seeing on here!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Thanks for the update bounty. I get to as many Bulls game as possible. Beautiful park don't you think? I wish the Mudcats didn't play in Zebulon, otherwise I would be checking the future Reds out on a regular basis. Heres to Reds fans in the great north state!

How did Homer look last night?

Turn Off Ads?