Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Idea With Angels

Trade Idea With Angels

What about Homer Bailey and Matt Moloney for Brandon Wood, Angels need some pitching, and we Need a 3B/SS, Wood could be a 3B or a SS

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Dude Rock

Re: Trade Idea With Angels

In 55 games and 150 at-bats last year he batted .200 with 5 HR's. I'll pass.

I'm toolsy.

That's way too much to give up for what looks like a failed prospect. The Angels have a history of hanging onto prospects for too long and this looks like another great example of that.

I would pass on that deal as well but not because of a 150 AB sample size.

Old Red Guard Reject

I would trade Arroyo instead of Bailey for Wood.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I'm not ready to give up on Edwin. He's a notoriously slow starter. I have confidence that when he returns to the lineup he'll start to pick it up.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I would trade Arroyo instead of Bailey for Wood.
    I am not a huge Arroyo fan, but you gotta remember this guy eats a lot of innings for the Reds. That helps the bullpen immensely. He's not overpowering but he gets the job done more than he doesn't. I wouldn't want to lose him. Homer's big league experience has been awful. He somehow can't replicate his AAA outings in the big leagues.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Wood is a good target. The Angels haven't played him much when they have called him up. He's probably a 3rd baseman though.

Why is everyone talking about a guy like Brandon Wood? The ORG is talking about Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez, Scott Hariston, and Matt Murton???

I mean, why even debate adding guys of this caliber. With a solid Farm System, Walt should be able to make a Deal with a team that wants to help it's Minor League System... Build for the future...

Cleveland may be trading players so try to add a guy like Grady Sizemore to play Left... He has 30/30 Potential every year... (33/38 Last Year)
    Then lock him up!
    Last edited by Hondo; 05-15-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Turn Off Ads?