Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Janish talked with Jayson Stark

Time is the Revelator.

Janish talked with Jayson Stark

For his First-Half Review:
    The Janish Quip Book

Being the magnanimous guy he is, Janish was cool enough to review his pitching exploits with Half-Year in Review.

• On roaring into the books alongside Johnny Lindell: "You know, records are made to be broken. And I'm definitely breaking records. They're just the wrong damn records."

• On his picturesque delivery (as a former college closer): "Yeah, it's smooth, all right. But apparently, 88-89 [mph] on a string is not going to work."

• On his ERA (45.00 after his first outing, 49.50 after his second): "When I came in there, I figured, well, the good thing is, at least I'll bring my ERA down. It started at 45.00, so it would be tough to go up -- but I found a way."

• On whether he thought he could now pitch 31 straight shutout innings and get his ERA down into the 3.00s: "I think I'm out of luck. … What I really need to do is talk to my agent to see if we can bring this up in arbitration: multi-faceted player."

• On his proudest achievement as a pitcher: "Well, I did get a standing O in Philly. And not many visiting players can say that."
    Hehe...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Janish talked with Jayson Stark

Janish has a pretty good sense of humor
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Worth The Wait

Janish probably knows he isn't long for the big leagues. I respect the fact that he seems to be soaking it in and enjoying it while he can. Funny quotes

Haunted by walks

He had the grace to avoid mentioning that he pitched better than the starter.

Turn Off Ads?