Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Scoreboard Watching

Re: 2009 Scoreboard Watching

TGIF (although I'll be working some this weekend) and the Cubs are at home. Harden vs. Lee at Wrigley will help pass this Friday away. Hmmm, Tom Hamilton/Mike Hegan or Pat Hughes/Ron Santo. I'm so torn. Probably go with the Tribe announcers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Still don't get how 40,000 people can get off work on a Wednesday afternoon, but the Sox are beatin the Cubs 3-0 in the 8th.
    Cue Lee Elia audio

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    TGIF (although I'll be working some this weekend) and the Cubs are at home. Harden vs. Lee at Wrigley will help pass this Friday away. Hmmm, Tom Hamilton/Mike Hegan or Pat Hughes/Ron Santo. I'm so torn. Probably go with the Tribe announcers.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. Weather is pretty ugly here. I'd be surprised if they got this one in.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Weather is pretty ugly here. I'd be surprised if they got this one in.

Cubs down 6-0 already in the 3rd inning.

The Cubs won 8-7 in 10 innings after the Indians blew a 7-2 lead in the 8th inning. Unbelievable. Yesterday the White Sox led the Cubs 5-1 with two outs in the 8th inning and the Cubs came back and won 6-5. Today they trailed 7-2 in the 8th inning and come back and won again.

The Indians bullpen is awful. They blew a 12-7 lead in the 7th inning against the Brewers just a few days ago and now this.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-19-2009 at 07:40 PM.

Cubs are down 6-5 in extra inningas.
    Brewers are down 5-2 in the 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

And the Indians blow it again, Cubs win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I hate the Cubs getting any momentum. They have the best talent in the division, IMO. It's just pathetic how terrible the Indians bullpen and rotation is. Mainly the bullpen lately.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I hate the Cubs getting any momentum. They have the best talent in the division, IMO. It's just pathetic how terrible the Indians bullpen and rotation is. Mainly the bullpen lately.
    People keep saying this, but I just don't see it. The Cubs in name recognition might have the most talented team in the division, but I simply don't think these are the same players as their names suggest. Milton Bradley is a train wreck. Geovany Soto forgot how to hit already. Derrek Lee, up until the last week or two, could not catch up to a fastball. Aramis Ramirez might still be pretty good, but he's still injured.

I'll grant you this: their pitching, when healthy, is solid. Their bullpen is pretty good (up until Kevin Gregg who I simply don't care for). When Rich Harden and Carlos Zambrano are on, they're tough. Overall though, I'm just not seeing this uber-talented team everyone talks about. I think people are still in the mindset these guys are in their early to mid 2000's bodies.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I think it's more that compared to the rest of the division they looked pretty good but they currently have only two hitters with an OPS over .800 (Lee at .851 & Fukudome at .807). The 3rd best OPS is Ryan Theriot at .751 with everyone else even worse. Imo, their starting pitching is a little overrated. Zambrano has the talent but whenever he gets a bad call from an ump there's always the risk that he'll let it get to him cuz he usually does. And I'll be shocked if Harden pitches 150 IP.

The Cardinals and Cubs both lost tonight. The Reds are now two games back in the loss column.

St Louis just won thanks, once again, to Albert Pujols who hit his 27th and 28th homers of the season. So far this season he has had 6 games where he hit 2 homers and is on track to shatter his career best for a season of 49 in 2006.

Brewers down 3-0 in the 2nd. Cards down 3-0 in the 3rd. The Reds could be 2.5 games out when the dust settles.

Turn Off Ads?