Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Feels like we lost today.

Feels like we lost today.

Last night after the game and all day today the Reds stood atop the NL Central standings everywhere you looked(I know it was a 3 way tie but we we were listed first).Now when you look at the standing we sit in the very familiar 4th spot in the standings.:thumbdown

Unimportant question.If teams are tied in the standings in every possible way is there something other then a web sites or news papers personal preference that dictates the order they are shown in?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Feels like we lost today.

Off days suck. I'm bored to death and actually doing homework.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Off days suck. I'm bored to death and actually doing homework.
    Homework on off days

I agree, the good news is we were due to lose today, hopefully we skipped that day, and will go right back to winning

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post
    Last night after the game and all day today the Reds stood atop the NL Central standings everywhere you looked(I know it was a 3 way tie but we we were listed first).Now when you look at the standing we sit in the very familiar 4th spot in the standings.:thumbdown

Unimportant question.If teams are tied in the standings in every possible way is there something other then a web sites or news papers personal preference that dictates the order they are shown in?
    Alphabetical order on mlb.com or other "non-bias" sources.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    That just gives me one more reason to hate the Cubs.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I feel that every day without Reds baseball, is a lost day.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Off days suck and it seems like we have more then any team in baseball!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The NL Central division is on fire right now. Its by far the best division in baseball right now. Not saying it will be at the end of the year but right now the NL Central is the best in MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post

Im pretty sure ties then go to runs scored.

The days the Reds are off suck......I was sitting around my house after work and thinking what the heck am i gonna do with myself tonight......I decided I will have to go out with my friends to the bars......I will say it is the last two nights I will ever be in Toledo with my friends.....Well I Hope hah....Been in Toledo going to College for 4 years......Been working in Toledo for 3 years.....Promotion to New Orleans.....Great for the promotion but not great for watching the Reds.....MLB.TV.....For once I will be able to utilize MLB.TV.....Atleast the Reds will be playing in San Diego and the 10:00pm start time is great b/c I will be able to watch the whole game in the bar while i'm having a good time in Toledo for the last time

Teams play one game playoffs if the standing are tied, so it really doesn't matter. Or are you asking if how they're sorted through the year? It really doesn't matter. I imagine every place does it differently.

Go figure this though, when STL, Milwaukee, and Cincy were tied yesterday, they were put in exactly that order on ESPN.com, even though STL had a higher run differential. Today, STL is above Milwaukee in the 'tie' the same way, and we're 'above' the Cubs in the same tie, with less runs scored and a smaller differential. On sportsline.com its just the opposite. Milwaukee is listed 'higher' than STL, and the Cubs are listed 'higher' than us. On MLB.com its the same thing.

Who knows how who gets priority in standings. In the end its settled by a playoff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Yep, and ESPN uses size of market to determine. We are always the last team listed in a tie situation.

I've seen the last team to win jump to the top.

Turn Off Ads?