Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's it going to take to win the Central?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

What's it going to take to win the Central?

There are five 20-win teams in the NL, and four of them are in the Central. Is it going to take 95 wins to take this thing, or is it just a matter of scheduling? Seems like it's gone from the weakest division in baseball to the strongest on two years, and just when Cincinnati was starting to turn things around.

On the bright side, the Reds are playing well against Central teams, Which is a sign that they may be a better team than we think. We can only hope.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What's it going to take to win the Central?

yeah i think everybody knows that we have beaten the cubs. we have beaten the brewers. We have beaten the cards.

I think most of us are just nervous to think it. We dont really know how to react to our team winning! Its been soo long. And for some of us NEVER.

Its probably goin to take 95 games. There is no way all 4 teams, Brewers, Reds, Cardinals, and Cubs, all fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    yeah i think everybody knows that we have beaten the cubs. we have beaten the brewers. We have beaten the cards.

I think most of us are just nervous to think it. We dont really know how to react to our team winning! Its been soo long. And for some of us NEVER.
    I'm in with the never, but i've gotta say i'm lovin it!

more wins then the other teams.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Going to take at least 95 games to win. The wild card, I think, is our best shot. If we stay competitive in the Central, we will be favorites in the wild card race come September.

If the Reds get Ninja Skills, and Computer Hacking Skills... They will win the Division.

right now the reds are on pace for like 92-93 win, i think anyway. Personally I dont think they have overachieved much yet, some of our pitching can be more consistent and some of our hitters could take off soon. Will probably have some injuries and some other problems but if we keep up this pace I can see jocketty going after a big bat at the deadline (holliday possibly) which could bump us up to 95 wins.

You gotta like the Reds chances in the long haul. We clearly have the best pitching staff among anyone in the Division and our offense is certainly good enough to get us at least 80 wins.

The Cubs bullpen is inconsistent while their starting pitching is "blah."

St. Louis is the one team we should be worried about just by saying the name "Pujols."

Dude Rock

I think the Brewers are peaking right now.
    The Cubs are overrated.
    St. Louis doesn't have as good of pitching as we do.

Last time I checked, Bruce has 10 HR's and Dunn has 11 HR's. Why do people miss Dunn?
    Last time I checked, Votto was leading the NL in batting average.
    Last time I checked, the Reds were top 3 in team e.r.a. in the NL and top 6 in batting averaged in the NL. And the Reds have already faced some of the toughest pitching in the NL and survived nicely.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Smoke and mirrors will only work for so long. We saw it in 2002, 2003, 2004. We need to add some bats to compete.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

You can't lose series to the Padres. That's a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    You can't lose series to the Padres. That's a starting point.
    It happens. I'm not too upset about the two losses. If it becomes a consistent problem then there is a problem, but as it is we will at worst be .500 for the road trip.

I think 95 wins will do the trick and whoever finishes second will grab the Wild Card. I think that second place team will be us and first will be the Cardinals.

Dude Rock

It's going to take a trade for a RH hitting LFer or 3Bman.

Teams essentially already out of it: Baltimore, Cleveland, Oakland, Washington, Arizona, Colorado

What would it take to get Adam Jones from Baltimore? I doubt they would trade him since he is so young and having a good season.

Matt Holliday has his average up to .268 after struggling early on in the season. I don't want to trade the farm for a rental player though.

Let's trade for Ryan Zimmerman of the Nationals. (dream on)

We could propose a change of scenery trade with Arizona, EE for Mark Reynolds. Each of those players have their issues.

I'd love to pry Justin Upton away from the D'backs. Again......dream on.

I've mentioned trying to get Aaron Rowand from the Giants. I think they do that deal, and I'd do it if we didn't have to give up much. He is a gold glove CFer. We could move Tavares to LF and put Rowand in CF.

Scott Hairston of the Padres? He's 29. Having a good season. NL West teams are so far behind the ML leading Dodgers. They might be willing to deal.

All of the above players are RHers.

Peavy + Harriston for Bailey, Alonso, Stubbs, Frazier, Moloney

Turn Off Ads?