Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday 5/15/09 minor league updates

Re: Friday 5/15/09 minor league updates

Heck of a night so far for Stubbs:

1-for-2 with a single, three walks, a HBP, two stolen bases (#12 and 13) and two outfield assists.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post

1-for-2 with a single, three walks, a HBP, two stolen bases (#12 and 13) and two outfield assists.
    Kind of a good game...

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post

Is he much of a prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    Is he much of a prospect?
    You haven't seen the memo? He's a bust. Get with the program.

Chris Richard hits a walk off grand slam against the bats, his second grand slam of the game. Wow.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

And Carolina is in a rain delay... in the 11th inning.

The Carolina game was suspended by rain, tied 3-3. BTW, is it too early to call for a promotion of Stubbs to the big club? He could be the answer to the LF problem. Good speed, good defense, and the kid can hit.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 05-16-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    The Carolina game was suspended by rain, tied 3-3. BTW, is it too early to call for a promotion of Stubbs to the big club? He could be the answer to the LF problem. Good speed, good defense, and the kid can hit.
    In all honesty, and I'm a big Stubbs fan, MLB pitching would kill him right now. Let Smokey work with him this year and maybe he could stick next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    In all honesty, and I'm a big Stubbs fan, MLB pitching would kill him right now. Let Smokey work with him this year and maybe he could stick next year.
    You would know better than i would, and I'm not doubting that, I'm just curious as to why you would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    You haven't seen the memo? He's a bust. Get with the program.
    LOL do you not know there are so many Reds fans that should be employed as MLB scouts? The silence of Stubbs detractors is becoming obvious. Dirt went on record that he was not pleased by the pick , but also at least spoke on his strengths and has steadfastly defended him based on his skill set.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I am not a Stubbs detractor, far from it, but let me defend the "Stubbs detractors" for a moment. They were also silent when he stumbled badly out of the gate. My sense from the posts of several of them heading into this season was that they were going to let it go, so as not to beat the subject to death. So, yeah. It is far from obvious as to why folks who are suspcious of Stubbs' upside are silent...

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    You would know better than i would, and I'm not doubting that, I'm just curious as to why you would say that.
    Seeing way too many pitches that make him look bad. In the majors, there's way too many good pitchers that would feed him a steady stream of pitches he doesn't handle well. Obviously, he is hitting well for AAA. But I see him facing the same sorts of MLB batting problems Jay Bruce has but worse. And without the power to make up for it.

Turn Off Ads?