Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dusty pinch hit for harang>?

Dusty pinch hit for harang>?

Okay i was at the game vs the cardinals when dusty Left harang in the game and let him hit in the bottom of the 6th with the bases loaded.

He made me look stupid to the untrained basball people because i was verbally expressing my displeasure in letting harang hit in that situation.

Then harang busts a seeing line drive to the outfield and scores 2 more runs.

I shut up then.

But got on dusty. Lightning dont strike twice in the same spot.

You have a important cusion run out in scoring position. You have rhodes with 0.00 era. You have weathers pitching great. Than coco.

I dont see the problem with using that 7 8 9 combo.

Even if it was a 1-0 game and harang was pitching lights out. Its still very hard to not pinch hit in that kinda of situation.

I believe that move lost the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty pinch hit for harang>?

Yes, he should have pinch hit there.

Last night's game is on Dusty. Harang was not sharp enough to justify leaving him in longer and give up an opportunity to score more runs.

Dusty pinch hits for Harang, the Reds win that game.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I feel the same way about the Game Last night. How many more mistakes can we afford before we start to sink to the bottom again?

I agree about last night's game being partly on Dusty. BUT that was the first time we have lost a game this season when we were winning after 5 innings (13-0). In a long season, that is bound to happen at least a couple times. Our unblemished record to this point is, in part, a testament to Dusty's game management. Lets hope last night was a lesson learned.

Harang was pitching well after struggling early. He is the ace of the staff. I've watched so many managers do the same thing, as I am hoping they will take their ace out by pinch hitting for him in similar situations. If the bullpen came in and blew it, we would be complaining about how Harang is your ace and they needed to leave him in. Every so called mistake Dusty makes is so magnified on this board it is ridiculous. I have no problem with leaving Harang in.

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    If the bullpen came in and blew it, we would be complaining about how Harang is your ace and they needed to leave him in. Every so called mistake Dusty makes is so magnified on this board it is ridiculous. I have no problem with leaving Harang in.
    YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG with the bolded statement.

Sure sometimes the RIGHT moves dont work. Everything isnt perfect. But you should still make the RIGHT move. And the right move is pinch hitting your pitcher who cant hit a broadside of a barn to try to get a base hit to score a very important cushion run. Especially when you have the kind of bullpen the reds have right now.

I wouldnt be complaining about the bullpen blowing the game up. Sure that happens throughout the season. Its going to happen theres no getting around it. But its still the right move.

when you leave the worst hitting pitcher in to bat with bases loaded, your basically giving them that out. I agree that Aaron was getting it dialed in but you NEVER make that call that late in the game when your bullpen has been pretty good. You go for odds that if your pinch hitter gets a hit and scores runs, then so will the top of your lineup.

In Dustys defense, that was his 1st loss of the year. Even Joe Torre and Larussa lose a few each year....i'll chalk this one up to Dusty but that dont mean I still dont have faith in him, that was a tough call but still the wrong one.....dont make it a habit and Dusty will take this team far

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    Harang was pitching well after struggling early. He is the ace of the staff. I've watched so many managers do the same thing, as I am hoping they will take their ace out by pinch hitting for him in similar situations. If the bullpen came in and blew it, we would be complaining about how Harang is your ace and they needed to leave him in. Every so called mistake Dusty makes is so magnified on this board it is ridiculous. I have no problem with leaving Harang in.
    I have to disagree on a few things. First, Harang isn't the ace anymore and clearly wasn't dialed in. Take 6 innings of good pitching where he battled to give the Reds the lead and send in the Rhodes-Weathers-CoCo 789. Second, Harang is hitting under 100. A hit in that situation gives them a 3 run lead and basically means the game is over with the 3 guys mentioned previously. Third, Harang was already around 100 pitches, maybe over, why leave him in for one inning when you can break the game open with a pinch hit single?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Turn Off Ads?