Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promotion Schedule

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Promotion Schedule

Of the relievers that were cut, Viola had the most impressive spring training. Then, I'm sure Baker heard all about Viola's huge tear in AAA in which he went all those consecutive appearances without allowing a run. For the most part, Viola has been dominant, and when you combine that with him being left-handed, it makes sense to bring him up.

If you want to make the argument that Fisher would be a better call-up, I wouldn't disagree with you, but I'm refreshed to see that the Reds aren't letting options be the determining factor in who is on the team--instead, they're trying to put together the best team possible. If the current trend continues, we could see the Reds cut bait with Mike Lincoln and bring up Fisher or Roenicke around the All-Star break. It's also inevitable that injuries for another call-up anyway.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    So your argument is that he has been bad?

Firmly disagree. One bad outing doesn't make him bad.
    How we lookin'?

Cool. He got hit again.

I still don't think he's "bad". You apparently do.

I will assume that you think Chris Heisey is "bad" because he went 0 for 5 in his last game? And that Homer is "good" again after his last game? But was "bad" before that?

I am a bit confused as to your point, since you seem to reacting in micro and I was making a macro observation.
    Last edited by membengal; 05-19-2009 at 03:32 PM.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75619

Read that.

The big picture doesn't matter when Viola is currently worse than awful. This is a thread about calling players up. Until his problems are pinpointed and solved, he doesn't merit a mention here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Rock View Post
    Dusty never does what the majority would think he should do. He always keeps you guessing.
    It's not Baker's decision.

Walt will make the decision based on what he thinks best for the overall organization. Dusty's input is minimal in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's not Baker's decision.

Walt will make the decision based on what he thinks best for the overall organization. Dusty's input is minimal in this.
    I would believe that if I didn't see the same 'Dusty' moves over and over regardless of the GM.

Bailey beat his scheduled date big time.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Turn Off Ads?