Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Griffin promoted

Re: Michael Griffin promoted

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    So you are suggesting that neither would give us something more than a guy (McDonald) who gives us virtually nothing? That's a sad state of affairs.
    Well at the moment, both Sutton and Castillo are hitting .222 in AAA. What do you think they could give the Reds? Sutton is .176 in his last 5 games. Castillo is .182 over his last 6. Just because it's sad doesn't mean it isn't true.

Gomes is the callup if there is one.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

That's a real shame about Perales. For a while, it looked like he might have a future as a Major League utility outfielder. The player the Reds had to give up to obtain him, Jon Coutlangus, has been just as much of a bust for the Diamondbacks so far, though, so at least it didn't cost the Reds too much.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Well at the moment, both Sutton and Castillo are hitting .222 in AAA. What do you think they could give the Reds? Sutton is .176 in his last 5 games. Castillo is .182 over his last 6. Just because it's sad doesn't mean it isn't true.

Gomes is the callup if there is one.
    True sad doesn't make it true, but I'd still suggest they bring more to the table than McDonald. I'd also agree that Gomes would be my choice as well, however assuming the reds didn't want to bring up Gomes just yet for whatever reason I would take Castillo over McDonald. He's more versatile and even though his PA's were nothing special last season they were better than McDonalds if for no other reason than he was more selective and he's a LHH. Sutton I'd just like to put some eyes on him to get a feel for him, sure that's no reason to promote him perse but again McDonald IMO isn't fit to play Major League ball so I'd rather a struggling unknown than a struggling known.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?