Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bray out for a year

Bray out for a year

Just saw it on Cincinnati.com.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Dude Rock

Re: Bray out for a year

Yeah, heard it yesterday on WLW last night. Is it Tommy John surgery?

Get well Bill.

Hope its a quick recovery so you can move on with whatever career is next for ya-not being mean, but think the dude is done.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

This is a big hit. Last year he was starting to become our best LH option.

We need him next year

Rhodes and Herrera are doing fine, and we wouldn't need 3 leftys in the pen. I'm okay with this.

I am not OK with this one bit.

Bray was going to be an outstanding reliever, and he happened to be left-handed.

This really sucks.

We've now lost two good relievers in the last month in Bray and Buck. When we trade Arroyo this summer, if we trade him, I hope we can get a good reliever for him.

This evens out the trade for Kearns and Lopez now, unless Thompson and Bray come through for us next season at the big-league level. Both are still very young, and both can still contribute for us. Thompson had a very bad outing his last time out in Louisville. But, he needs to stay down the whole season there this time and just build up some arm strength.

this could be the best thing to happen to him

Looking forward to seeing you back Bill!

nm
    Last edited by LouisvilleCARDS; 05-19-2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

Bray was going to be an outstanding reliever, and he happened to be left-handed.

This really sucks.

We've now lost two good relievers in the last month in Bray and Buck. When we trade Arroyo this summer, if we trade him, I hope we can get a good reliever for him.

This evens out the trade for Kearns and Lopez now, unless Thompson and Bray come through for us next season at the big-league level. Both are still very young, and both can still contribute for us. Thompson had a very bad outing his last time out in Louisville. But, he needs to stay down the whole season there this time and just build up some arm strength.
    Could of swore I posted in this thread a second ago, maybe it didn't go through. Basically, the trade is dead and done with. No one "wins" or "loses" the trade at this point, there's nothing salavagable for either side and the guys who made the trade are gone from both franchises. It's amaing how bad the trade turned out for both sides.

- Felipe Lopez, was signed with the Nationals for several million and was terrible batting around .200, and released during his contract with the Nationals

- Austin Kearns, the only winner of the trade. Got a long term deal where he's getting paid $8 mil a year despite being a very below average player.

- Ryan Wagner, just read he retired due to huge arm problems, very unfortunate

- Royce Clayton, one year mediocre rental that year that I don't think was even in the league past that year

- Gary Majewski, major arm problems, released, career is over I believe now

- Bill Bray, average reliever in the majors, now having severe arm surgery and out for the year

- Darryl Thompson, having trouble in Triple A right now

There was another guy in it who went to the Rays I believe, I don't know what happened to him. No one "won" this trade, since neither side got anything out of it. I guess you could say Washington got hurt more by the trade because they paid Lopez a ton and are still paying Kearns a ton.

Majewski is in AAA this year with some team in the IL. He seemed to have a decent ERA last time I saw it.

Brendan Harris was the other guy.

And now Thompson got injured last night.

This trade has the "King Tut's Curse" written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

Wait! What did I miss? What happened to Buck?

Quote Originally Posted by Farnsie View Post
    Wait! What did I miss? What happened to Buck?

Dallas Buck is done for the year right when it seemed he was getting healthy. Those innings he pitched at Oregon State during their 1st of two Championship runs continues to haunt him.

Who would've thunk that Daryl Thompson will end up being the best part of that trade?

Turn Off Ads?