Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody agree that MacDonald and Gonzales are killing the offense?

Anybody agree that MacDonald and Gonzales are killing the offense?

MacDonald and Gonzales are killing the offense. Their bats are totally dead. It would be far better to play Hairston and Janish at shortstop, Hernandez at first and Rosales at third. It was working, why did they change it?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Anybody Agree?

They both need to go. I think Gonzalez is in the lineup because Dusty likes veterans on his club.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

Has there been a worse lineup this year than the one Dusty threw out there tonight against the world series MVP?

Thank god we traded Kepp to clear up space on this team...He's hitting .321 in 53 at bats...

I don't know why McDonald made this team and I don't know why he's still here

How in the name of God do you led McDonald bat in the 9th? If you're gonna bring Nix in, then do it in his place and use Owings as the PH for the pitcher. I know they wanted someone to be on base when he hit but to continually give him the chances he doesn't deserve is absurd.
    2010 Attendance Record: 7-4
    2009 Attendance Record: 14-16

Stop! Homer time!!

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Hate to pile on a guy when he's down, but I just don't see what McDonald brings to this club in any fashion. If you don't have a guy better than this somewhere in your system, you're really in a bad way.

Is this thread serious?

McDonald gets his first start in 2 weeks and he's the reason our offense sucks?

What the hell?

Dude Rock

I have to agree with the rest. Frankly, if I owned the club, Jeff Brantley would be the manager. He has his finger on the pulse of what should be happening at all times. I respect the heck out of him.

I don't think anybody thinks McDonald is the reason this offense sucks and he bears little blame for the offensive failures of this club this far in the season. I think the point is that he's taking a roster spot from somebody that could potentially make a positive impact on the club. I really don't see how Gomes would be worse than McDonald and he might add some pop. At the very least I'd rather see Nix or Dickerson in there against a LHP than McDonald. If Darnell is relagated to being a pinch hitter I really can't see how he would be a better option than Gomes. Maybe I'm missing something?

having them bat 7 and 8th then having the pitcher come up really doesnt do much to help you win thats for sure.

Then add Taveras at 1 thats 4 ABs that really dont scare anyone.

I've been pissed about McDonald on this roster all season. Hitting well below .200? What is he doing on the roster? No, he is not the reason for our poor hitting. But he doesnt help! Please bring up Gomes, like you should have after ST.

I don't know, maybe it's the fact that the offense was weak to begin with and now we have injuries and...surprise, the offense is even worse. McDonald plays once every week or two, that's not the problem. I'm tired of hearing about how great Gomes is; he's not even good, but bring him up, we could certainly use another 6th OF on this team...Personally, I think Dickerson should be allowed to play until after 200-300 AB's he proves that he is worse than the other reserve OF's on this team. Dickerson is the only guy on the current team or at AAA that is capable of being an everyday LF (long-term) for this team; the rest of these guys, including Gomes are 5th OF's at best (most are really 6th OF, meaning they shouldn't be here at all); how many of those guys do we need? Hairston is a utility guy. What do you expect from this roster offensively? Dusty can't put a good lineup out there; it's not possible at this point.

Bum

Gomes is the only one who has ever been an everyday major league OF. McDonald didnt even make his first start until age 30. Gomes is a better hitter than McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by CRedsLarkin11 View Post
    I don't know why McDonald made this team and I don't know why he's still here
    Random Spring Fluke; DUHsty the Toothpick and his pig-headedness.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?