Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,579

    Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    .....

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    348

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    nope hopefully everyone realizes this...

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,161

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    Hard to argue such a complete, thorough and concise, well-laid out, articulate and grammatically correct diatribe like that.

    PEACE

    -BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

    Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

  5. #4
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    Wouldn't have argued that before, unfortunately now instead of needing one good bat, we're in need of two. Hope everything is alright with Votto, should be founding something out soon.

  6. #5
    Dude Rock
    Guest

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    .....
    I disagree with your "....", but I do agree with the last ".".

    Really has me thinking now. :

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    way-east of cincinnati
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    I grow weary of all the hand-wringing nonsense I see on this site. This, is the only sensible thru and thru thread I can find here. Yes, this is Joey Votto's team, if he can be healthy, let's hope. In the meantime... Hey, are there actually knowledgeable realists on the "elite" Old Red Guard side of this site? (Dunno, since my lineage must be suspect, so I don't even bother to check it out). Otherwise, I'm done.

  8. #7
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,051

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    I grow weary of all the hand-wringing nonsense I see on this site. This, is the only sensible thru and thru thread I can find here. Yes, this is Joey Votto's team, if he can be healthy, let's hope. In the meantime... Hey, are there actually knowledgeable realists on the "elite" Old Red Guard side of this site? (Dunno, since my lineage must be suspect, so I don't even bother to check it out). Otherwise, I'm done.
    Whoa. Sorry. When we're on the same level maybe we can talk baseball sometime?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

  9. #8
    I Hate Cleveland fugowitribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    195

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    Maybe tonight against the Phillies was a chance for Brandon Phillips to show that this is his team too. He started incredibly cold, but is starting to warm up with the weather. His huslte as of late is nice to see. I have bashed him on here in the past, but he seems to be focused on taking the load off of Votto and trying to help this team win while he is gone.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

  10. #9
    Dude Rock
    Guest

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    If Joey gets healthy, this team will be back.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,080

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    Quote Originally Posted by fugowitribe View Post
    Maybe tonight against the Phillies was a chance for Brandon Phillips to show that this is his team too. He started incredibly cold, but is starting to warm up with the weather. His huslte as of late is nice to see. I have bashed him on here in the past, but he seems to be focused on taking the load off of Votto and trying to help this team win while he is gone.
    Agreed, I love Votto, and BPhill is my boy, and I have seen Phillips struggle in the 4 and what not, but he is turning it on and it is fun to watch. Here is to Joey's health and getting him back, after all maybe they can be a fun 2,3 or 3,4 punch with Phillips batting before Votto, who wants to face Votto.

  12. #11
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,174

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    I was holding out for McDonald as sleeper MVP... :

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,579

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Rock View Post
    I disagree with your "....", but I do agree with the last ".".

    Really has me thinking now. :
    Though usually long-winded, I had absolutely nothing to add.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,579

    Re: Any more evidence needed that Votto is the MVP of this team?

    Quote Originally Posted by fugowitribe View Post
    Maybe tonight against the Phillies was a chance for Brandon Phillips to show that this is his team too. He started incredibly cold, but is starting to warm up with the weather. His huslte as of late is nice to see. I have bashed him on here in the past, but he seems to be focused on taking the load off of Votto and trying to help this team win while he is gone.

    Phillips is definitely second in line, with Harang third. Just my opinion.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25