Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schoeneweis wife found dead

Schoeneweis wife found dead

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/11768946

FOUNTAIN HILLS, Ariz. -- The wife of Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Scott Schoeneweis has been found dead at her home.

Police say the cause of death hasn't been determined.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office says deputies found the body of 39-year-old Gabrielle Dawn Schoeneweis on the floor of the master bedroom in the family's suburban home shortly after noon Wednesday.

Authorities say her 14-year-old daughter called the sheriff's office to report that she had found her mother lying there and unresponsive.
    Thoughts and prayers to that family, that's horrible.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Schoeneweis wife found dead

Terrible news indeed.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Geez, how awful. And for the daughter to find her...

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and exspecially that little girl.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

I'm not even gonna say it.

Thoughts and prayers out to those family members.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Ugggh, that's horrible.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Awful news and prayers to Scott and his daughter and there extended family.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Oh wow, that is so sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to Scott and his family.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

My deepest sympathies to Scott and his family at this terrible time.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Horrible news!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Schoeneweis wants wife's cause of death private

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diam...it0718-CP.html

by Ofelia Madrid - Jul. 18, 2009 12:00 AM
    The Arizona Republic

Scott Schoeneweis, the Diamondbacks relief pitcher whose wife died unexpectedly in May, is asking the courts to keep the cause of her death secret.

Thomas Lawless, Schoeneweis' lawyer, asked a Maricopa County Superior Court judge on July 9 to seal the death records, arguing that Gabrielle Dawn Schoeneweis' May 20 death "caused massive publicity that distressed Scott and traumatized their four children - ages 14, 7, 5 and 2."

"The release of her death certificate and related documents will inflame the media once again and cause even more emotional turmoil and suffering for her family," Lawless argued.

Schoeneweis' request was denied the same day by Superior Court Judge Barbara Hamner.

Hamner acknowledged the family's desire for privacy and said the court was sympathetic to the concerns, but she noted in her written order that "personal concerns do not constitute grounds to seal or redact public documents."

Schoeneweis immediately filed a special action in the Arizona Court of Appeals challenging the decision. The appellate court ordered Thursday that no information regarding Gabrielle Schoeneweis' death be released pending consideration of the matter.

Dan Barr, an attorney for the Arizona First Amendment Coalition, agreed with the Superior Court ruling. Public-records law is not based on whether people become upset when information is released, he said.

"I'm sure that Scott Schoeneweis is shattered by his wife's death and having it publicly discussed. I have no doubt about that," Barr said. "But that's not a reason to withhold public documents."

Lawless did not return a phone call seeking comment.

On May 20, Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies arrived to find Gabrielle Schoeneweis, 38, unresponsive in the family's Fountain Hills home.

Schoeneweis was pronounced dead at the scene. The couple's 14-year-old daughter told sheriff's deputies she found her mother on the home's master-bedroom floor, officials said.

At the time, a Sheriff's Office spokesman said there were no signs of foul play.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

That's my age! That's terrible news for anyone.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Reminds me of Dale Earnhardt's death. No autopsy photos were released. I realize this is a little different. Just made me think of that.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Thomas Lawless, Schoeneweis' lawyer
    That can't be the same Tom Lawless the Reds once traded heads up for Pete Rose, can it?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That can't be the same Tom Lawless the Reds once traded heads up for Pete Rose, can it?
    That Tom Lawless is managing the Lexington Legends.

Turn Off Ads?