Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOMER is called up Throwing on Saturday.

HOMER is called up Throwing on Saturday.

I just heard on wlw.

Im not sure if they said it was officialy or not but Thats the word.

They are also talking if Bailey throws a gem on saturday you cant send him back down. And he would like to see owings become an platoon LFer.

I think owings is a good hitter for a pitcher. But he shouldnt be playing everyday. imo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: HOMER is called up Throwing on Saturday.

sweet i'm going to the game friday and saturday, hope he hurls a gem!

I really hope Homer shows what he can do this time around in the bigs. If he can stay in the rotation, perhaps Owings can be a relief pitcher/pinch hitter, which is a role I think he'd be effective in.

Meaningless fact: His first pro start was against Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Meaningless fact: His first pro start was against Cleveland.
    That was a great game. Really the only time I've seen GABP come alive.

If (or when, if you're optimistic like me) he pitches well Saturday, I don't think you can send him back either. Owings to pen, Burton or Lincoln sent to AAA to get their stuff straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by corwinator3407 View Post
    If (or when, if you're optimistic like me) he pitches well Saturday, I don't think you can send him back either. Owings to pen, Burton or Lincoln sent to AAA to get their stuff straightened out.
    If Bailey pitches well and Owings goes to the bullpen, I think you DL both Burton and Lincoln. I think both are injured. Call up Roenicke then, let him do his thing. He's ready, IMO, and I think he could be a reasonable surrogate for what Burton offers.

If Owings had pitched well today, I think it might have been Maloney, instead.

But, in reality, I think they think that Homer just needs to get more Major League innings, and that it's not about 2009, but about 2010 for this team.

Miracles can happen, though.

Just a question. Why aren't they bringing up Maloney? He has been better than Homer and brings a lefty arm to the rotation.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Just a question. Why aren't they bringing up Maloney? He has been better than Homer and brings a lefty arm to the rotation.
    They don't think Maloney has what it takes to get out big league hitters. They don't think he projects into a guy who will have success in the major leagues.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Homer brings hope I think. Because as I said since spring, Owings is going to good start-bad start us all year
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Owings pitched amazing on short rest in that heartbreaking loss, then had to come out again today and pitch on short rest. I think he's done a great job and his start today should be thrown out.

RotoHester

....everyone keeps talking about what to do with Homer if he comes up and pitches a couple gems. What happens if he comes up and gives up 6 runs in 2 innings? Is he officially done on our MLB roster? Doesn't this almost destroy what's left of his trade value?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Owings pitched amazing on short rest in that heartbreaking loss, then had to come out again today and pitch on short rest. I think he's done a great job and his start today should be thrown out.
    It wasn't really short rest was it? Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, regular start Thursday. Saturday's was, but this was normal rest.
    Last edited by corwinator3407; 05-21-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Turn Off Ads?