Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McDonald DFA'd

Re: McDonald DFA'd

I hope McDonald sticks with Louisville, you think any other team would really give him a shot?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    I hope McDonald sticks with Louisville, you think any other team would really give him a shot?
    No

I just want to say thank you to dmac. By u stinking up the joint Gomes was brought up and got us started to get the win today. It was and always will be ur best moment for me as a fan. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post

Excellent news.
    Agreed 100%

Now all we need is for EE to come back and for Gonzo to be DFA'd.Probably will never happen but one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    why did they wait til after the phillies series to do this?
    ...perhaps because Dusty's ego wouldn't let him admit that he was wrong in his biased support of McDonald over Gomes when the spring camp broke. You would have thought he would have learned from last year's fiasco with Patterson. When Dusty's out of baseball (which I hope is soon) he should think about doing community service work.

Votto = MVP

Gomes is getting the start tonight against the lefty. Its amazing how much better Gomes looks in the lineup as our left fielder against lefties than McDonald or Hairston. While it was nice that Hairston was having his hot streak, I've been hoping for a Nix/Gomes platoon in LF all season.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

Quote Originally Posted by demas863 View Post
    ...perhaps because Dusty's ego wouldn't let him admit that he was wrong in his biased support of McDonald over Gomes when the spring camp broke. You would have thought he would have learned from last year's fiasco with Patterson. When Dusty's out of baseball (which I hope is soon) he should think about doing community service work.
    Why was his support of McDonald biased? Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Why was his support of McDonald biased? Are you saying what I think you're saying?
    And here we go again...

These were good moves, even Bailey. Why was calling Homer up a good move? Because that game last night is going to be the beginning of his middle relief career. I believe he will be effective in the pen for an inning or so. Not what we'd hoped for, but still extremely valuable. He just doesn't have the arsenal of a rotation man. But he would be a nice option out of the pen for sure.

Turn Off Ads?