So we are now 5-5 in our last ten games.The Brew Crew got hot and pulled away a bit but I think that the team did ok considering that one of the best in the game misses a lot of time because of a ear infection.Its easy to give up when the team looses a few because past season failures but while I may complain a little I have not found a good reason to give up just yet.

I know that the recent call-ups won't make a huge difference but I feel the team is improved.I for one will be very happy to see Gomes and not McDonald get some ABs against lefties.Nix or Dickerson gives us solid options against the right handed pitchers.All of that said I think LF could be pretty solid the rest of the way.

Its hard for me to say much about SS as we continue to play the worse option there every day but I feel that we have guys that could get the job done.At some point soon Dusty will be forced to give others a chance(3-4 tonight will probably buy Gonzo a few more starts).

The only thought I have right now that could be considered going out on a limb is that I think EE will be back soon and when he is back he will make a solid contibution.In a perfect world Gonzo would be let go upon EE return.I know that will never happen.

Votto will be back very soon and when that time comes I think we will once again see the offense come to life.With continued good pitching I see no reason why the Reds won't stay close to the top of the division.