Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sean Henry's on fire....

Sean Henry's on fire....

.244/.277/.333 (.610 OPS) in April.

.362/.403/.552 (.955 OPS) in May.

.412/.444/.706 (1.150 OPS) over his last 10 games.

Great to see him pick it up in Carolina. He's only 23 and played College Ball at DVC (one of the 5 best JC schools in the country for baseball).

Most importantly, he's a right-handed bat which the club could use. Another in a long list of prospects the REDS have that can contribute at the Major League level.

He had an .816 OPS in 396 at-bats at Chattanooga last season. If he keeps this up, he can work his way up to Louisville in a month. They had him batting at the bottom of the order for a while until he got out of this slump. He's batting 5th today.

He's one of my 5 favorite REDS' prospects. I'm not saying he's going to be an All-Star, but I think he's highly underrated by most.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sean Henry's on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    .244/.277/.333 (.610 OPS) in April.

.362/.403/.552 (.955 OPS) in May.

.412/.444/.706 (1.150 OPS) over his last 10 games.

Great to see him pick it up in Carolina. He's only 23 and played College Ball at DVC (one of the 5 best JC schools in the country for baseball).

Most importantly, he's a right-handed bat which the club could use. Another in a long list of prospects the REDS have that can contribute at the Major League level.

He had an .816 OPS in 396 at-bats at Chattanooga last season. If he keeps this up, he can work his way up to Louisville in a month. They had him batting at the bottom of the order for a while until he got out of this slump. He's batting 5th today.

He's one of my 5 favorite REDS' prospects. I'm not saying he's going to be an All-Star, but I think he's highly underrated by most.

Personally I feel he could be a starting Outfielder in MLB if his progression continues. Go Sean go !
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Dude Rock

It bothers me that the Reds continue to mess with the OFers in triple A (other than Stubbs), and haven't moved Heisey and Henry up. Gomes is with the Reds now. Time to move up the future and see how they progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Rock View Post
    It bothers me that the Reds continue to mess with the OFers in triple A (other than Stubbs), and haven't moved Heisey and Henry up. Gomes is with the Reds now. Time to move up the future and see how they progress.
    We'll probably see a lot of promotions after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Rock View Post
    I agree. Why are they sending Darnell McDonald to AAA when they could be promoting younger players who would benefit from the playing time?

Turn Off Ads?