Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ugh, shut out by the worst bullpen in baseball

Ugh, shut out by the worst bullpen in baseball

Now the reds face Lee, Wandy and Roy in a row. By the end of this homestand a lot will be decided about whether the reds should be buyers or sellers. If things go well I'd buy, but if they tank I sell everyone not named Votto, Bruce, Cueto, Phillips and Volquez.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ugh, shut out by the worst bullpen in baseball

Ill go ahead and answer that for ya. The Reds will be sellers. This offense is just to bad to compete. Add that to Dusty and theres no way the Reds will be a over .500 team this season.

Dude Rock

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Dusty Baker was ever manager of the year, nor can I agree with much of his decision-making. He drives me nuts.

We will beat Lee today and take 2 of 3 from the Stros

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Ill go ahead and answer that for ya. The Reds will be sellers. This offense is just to bad to compete. Add that to Dusty and theres no way the Reds will be a over .500 team this season.
    Seriously who do the Reds have to sell?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Seriously who do the Reds have to sell?
    Plenty of options.

Bronson can be sold. He'd be very valuable in a pennant race.

Depending on how the organization feels about Hannigan, but I think Ramon Hernandez can be traded.

Let's not forget Edwin has some value and someone may take a chance.

Weathers and even possibly Gonzalez.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves, tomorrow unofficially marks the end of the first leg of the season. plenty of the season left.

Shame on everyone wanting the Reds to be sellers

To me this upcoming Astro's series is the biggest of the season so far. They sweep I'm out looking for an impact bat, they win two of three I'm at least seeing what's out there, they lose two of three and I hold still and they get swept and I'm selling.

And just to add on, about 2 weeks ago I made a thread talking about the Reds horrible luck in always facing the other teams number 1in a series. Since that time they've played the Padres, Phillies, Indians and now the Astros and will have faced the other teams number 1 in every series.

So far this year they've only not faced the other teams number 1 in two series (one of which was a two gamer). In theory you should miss the other teams number 1 40% of the time. This is borderline historic bad luck.

An example of just how bad their luck has been:

The reds will have played the astros 10 times after this 3 game set, they will have faced Wandy and Roy a combined 6 times. You can't make this stuff up.

God really does hate the reds.
    Last edited by NeilHamburger; 05-24-2009 at 05:46 PM.

One down and two to go. Its a long season folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Rock View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Dusty Baker was ever manager of the year, nor can I agree with much of his decision-making. He drives me nuts.
    Whether you understand it or not, he was three time manager of the year and you complain by typing on a computer in your undies.

Turn Off Ads?