Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Carlos Fisher

Carlos Fisher

I know it's just one inning, but I was impressed with what I saw from young Carlos Fisher yesterday against Cleveland. His breaking ball has a nasty, sharp downward bite to it that will chew up batters if he can control it. Decent pop on his fastball and good size at 6-3 210. I'm hoping this guy sticks !

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RotoHester

Re: Carlos Fisher

I saw this kid pitch a few times at Louisville games this year and every time I left thinking "wow, this kid has GREAT stuff!". I am glad to see he is getting a shot with the Big League club!

I agree...I have this weird feeling that he was brought up to audition for a team...Indians maybe? I am usually wrong about these gut feelings!!

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I agree...I have this weird feeling that he was brought up to audition for a team...Indians maybe? I am usually wrong about these gut feelings!!
    He's looked really solid so far, with above average stuff. With the way Burton and Lincoln have been pitching they might want to think about holding on to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    I know it's just one inning, but I was impressed with what I saw from young Carlos Fisher yesterday against Cleveland. His breaking ball has a nasty, sharp downward bite to it that will chew up batters if he can control it. Decent pop on his fastball and good size at 6-3 210. I'm hoping this guy sticks !
    He oozes of potential. My biggest fear, at least early on, is that with that long delivery he looks like he still struggles to control the breaking ball. It also creates a lot more backspin, leading to more movement, but I think if he shortens his release just a little he will be able to pinpoint that sucker a bit more.

Down in Louisville, he had 21 strikeouts to just four walks in 18 innings. He was definitely performing. Last year, he struck out more than 9 batters per nine innings, but he also did walk nearly 4.5 batters per nine. I imagine from the eye test this is due to controlling his curve.

He's got the stuff. That's for sure.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Dude Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    He oozes of potential. My biggest fear, at least early on, is that with that long delivery he looks like he still struggles to control the breaking ball. It also creates a lot more backspin, leading to more movement, but I think if he shortens his release just a little he will be able to pinpoint that sucker a bit more.

Down in Louisville, he had 21 strikeouts to just four walks in 18 innings. He was definitely performing. Last year, he struck out more than 9 batters per nine innings, but he also did walk nearly 4.5 batters per nine. I imagine from the eye test this is due to controlling his curve.

He's got the stuff. That's for sure.
    Yeah, I like his stuff too (so far). It'll be interesting to see him after the scouting reports come out and hitters adjust to his stuff.

Kinda reminds me of Carlos Marmol with his bit akward long delivery and nasty stuff

Two innings from him today, 1 H 2 BB, Burton gives up 2 in 1IP. This guy is sticking around when Masset gets back. Only question is, is it Burton or Lincoln headed down?

Quote Originally Posted by corwinator3407 View Post
    Two innings from him today, 1 H 2 BB, Burton gives up 2 in 1IP. This guy is sticking around when Masset gets back. Only question is, is it Burton or Lincoln headed down?
    i wouldn't be so sure about that. should find out today though.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I've been wondering about his delivery and potential arm troubles down the road. He looks promising right now, though. Hope he can keep it going.

No way is he staying around. He has options. The guys with options are almost always the guys that are involved with the DL transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by corwinator3407 View Post
    It will be Burton he has options where as Lincoln does not. Don't be surprised to see Burton sent down today to make room for Masset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1 View Post
    It will be Burton he has options where as Lincoln does not. Don't be surprised to see Burton sent down today to make room for Masset.
    Very true. They will not send down Mike Lincoln, even if they should (and that's my stance) because they'd have to DFA him. Burton and Fisher both have options, so one of them will be the one to go down.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Very true. They will not send down Mike Lincoln, even if they should (and that's my stance) because they'd have to DFA him. Burton and Fisher both have options, so one of them will be the one to go down.
    i hope they DFA Lincoln, i hate it when he pitches, Burton will get better trust me, not too long before he returns to himself

Walt was definitely channeling Wayne with the Lincoln signing.

Turn Off Ads?