Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Take Chance on Former Cubs First-Rounder

Re: Reds Take Chance on Former Cubs First-Rounder

Actually was in St.George last year, it's a nice town, golfing was excellant, and 2 national parks are close by! Also Vegas is only about an hour away, I'm 36 now but it definitly made my list of places to consider for retirement in 20 years! As for the pickup, sure why not he's 22, lefty, and may need to be coached differently.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wonder if the Reds were the organization that said they were waiting for the Cubs to drop him?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

When does he have to be protected from the Rule V draft? How many option years does he have left?

another question...

Do organizations attempt to be consistent in the way players are coached at every level? It may be coincidence or just good talent, but it seems to me that Reds coaches at all levels are doing an excellent job with the pitchers this year.

I really like the signing. Along with the international forays and drafting and signing pitchers other clubs believed were confirmed for college, this organization is alert and aggressive.

I spent an entire summer in St. George once. Weather can't possibly be any nicer, close to Zion and Bryce national parks, Vegas close, Mesquite, Nevada is closer, and the weather is unmatched.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    22 years old, and the Cubs already gave up on him, it just goes to show what pressure some kids are under to produce.
    When you can throw money to all the big name players and have a high payroll and don't have to worry about it like the Cubs do.. You can let players go
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Turn Off Ads?