Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Masset off DL

Masset off DL

Masset off DL, Castillo optioned to Louisville, McDonald clears waivers and accepts outright assignment to Louisville.

From the Reds offical twitter page.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Masset off DL

interesting move, guess they don't have the balls to send burton down just yet. or they don't trust owings/arroyo to both give a decent start.

hopefully votto is back for good and doesn't have any trouble with an already short bench due to phillips being out.

Burton holds more value to the Reds than Castillo. I guess they could have tried running Castillo out there to pitch though, couldn't have done much worse than Burton has lately.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Wait this means 8 relievers?
    Weathers
    Cordero
    Rhodes
    Burton
    Lincoln
    Masset
    Herrara
    Fisher
    And 4 starters? I assume they plan to activate volquez for his next start (With Thur being an off day they can skip his next turn)

So when he comes back, who goes? I'd say watch Lincoln and Burton's next couple outings very closely.

thorn

Does Burton even have options? I though he would have to clear waivers first?

Lincoln won't go, as mentioned in the other thread they would have to DFA and his contract is too big to eat just yet.

It will be Burton or Fisher, I'd guess Fisher.

Dude Rock

They tried to send Fisher back down, but he said the food was just too good up here and he refused to go.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Does Burton even have options? I though he would have to clear waivers first?
    This is his third and final year of having options, I believe. So he can be brought up or sent down this year as much as the Reds want. Next year, he would have to remain on the roster.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

thorn

The reason I asked was Burton was a Rule 5 Draftee, I thought they were out of options once they become a rule 5 draftee. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fisher didn't give up runs yesterday but those walks are an issue. Another week will go a long way to figuring out the best course. I think Burton probably needs the work though to figure out his issues and it's going to be difficult to build enough big leads for him to get it in Cincinnati.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Turn Off Ads?