Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wednesday 5/27/09 minor league updates

Re: Wednesday 5/27/09 minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Sarasota lost 3-2.

Horst: 7 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 6 K
    Horst is a horse, of course, of course.

Seriously, he may be the most unappreciated pitcher in the system. Over two seasons now, the guy has produced on an extremely consistent basis.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Its probably because hes pitching high in the zone because most young dudes cant lay off that stuff.
    Maybe, but they can't hit many HRs on pitches at their knees.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I mean as a young guy hes probably been able to pitch up in the zone and get away with it.

Id expect adjustments with time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I mean as a young guy hes probably been able to pitch up in the zone and get away with it.

Id expect adjustments with time.
    I think we should at least expect him to start trying to make them now. He is giving up HR's at an incredibly bad pace.

any report on Stewart???

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Lefthanders can notoriously hit the ball out of the park when it's at their knees. You can also hit breaking pitches at the knees out of the ballpark, especially when they are thrown from a pretty high angle like Sulbaran apparently does--(based just on my looking at the video of him Doug posted). Has anybody seen Sulbaran enough to know what kinds of pitches he's getting taken out on?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think we should at least expect him to start trying to make them now. He is giving up HR's at an incredibly bad pace.
    Well yea im sure it has to do with his control though. Its been a knock on him having bouts with wildness. If hes trying to pitch low in the zone and it missing up hes still probably going to be getting Ks due to his movement but still giving up bombs because its in the middle of the power zone for most hitters.

Its something to keep an eye on for sure. Im just trying to suggest why the bombs are happening. I have no pitch FX or anything to back what I think might be happening up.

It would be interesting to look at what the counts are in the ABs that hes given up some of those homers.

Turn Off Ads?