Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New nominees to the ORG

Re: New nominees to the ORG

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    One thing I've noticed.....

all these folks getting in are people I've never seen post on here. Anyone else notice that? Name after name and its people that I don't recognize, and I'm on here several times a day and reading into every thread.

I've pretty much figured out that if you post a lot, every now and then you'll make a post that some don't see eye to eye with and that will keep you in the Sun Deck for eternity. Or until the Reds win the series and we all get grandfathered in as part of the celebration.
    I agree.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?

Brutus the Pimp averages 0.23 posts per day, and of all the people I've voted for, he was my easiest 'yes'. Based on the discussion we've had about him, the other members of tORG seem to feel similarly.

Feel free to check out some of his posts so you can get an idea of what type of poster tORG likes to vote for.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/searc...induser&u=4437

Quality, irrespective of quantity.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

If you want to be elected to ORG simply throw in some facts to back up whatever assertion you are trying to make. Many of the opinions held by members of SunDeck are just as valid as the opinions held by members of ORG. Just take a couple of minutes to find a nugget or two to support whatever opinion it is that you are espousing. That's it. If you state your position clearly and support it, then people will respect that. They may disagree and they may try to shoot holes in your post. But they will still respect your post. One more thing. Don't take people disagreeing with your post on a personal level. Disagree politely. Oh, one more thing. Know when to let things drop. If you have gone back and forth a couple times on a subject then just let it go. Everyone isn't going to have the same opinion on everything concerning baseball in general and the Cincinnati Reds in specific.

::::quietly steps off my soapbox::::
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-03-2009 at 04:44 PM.

I think my name may be blocking me from the ORG

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Maybe you should apply...

High five!

Maybe you should add some asterisks.

You have a better chance than if you had the name "WilyTaveras30".

Turn Off Ads?