Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rosales Slumping.....

Rosales Slumping.....

He's 0 for his last 7 with 4 K's.

6 for his last 34, .176avg with 10 K's.

Thats 30% of the time Strike out ratio.

I absolutely love Rosales and i think he brings much more to this team besides a glove and a bat. However ive started to notice him struggling a bit. Hopefully he pulls out of this for the roadtrip.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rosales Slumping.....

Dusty has noticed too. Rosales has been dropped to 8 in the lineup a couple games.

He's been worked a lot, which is part of the problem. I realize he played every day in AAA, but the game is different with the Reds. He probably needs to be half-time until he adjusts.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Maybe if he calmed the heck down and focused he wouldn't look so foolish. I love a guy who hustles, plays hard, gets dirty, etc., but his act is rather tired. I mean he's looked downright foolish the last couple days at the plate.

I think he should stop being part of the sideshow, and think about how he wants to carry himself as a Major League Player. He's certainly no replacement for EE, once he is healthy. And that's a damn shame, because I've tired of EE as well.

In EE's case, hopefully the injury was the problem, and he can contribute the rest of the year. As far as Adam goes, he needs to use that "Big Breathe" he takes before he steps into the batters box, in other spots of his daily life.

Yea of all the things to hate Rosales for I'd probably pick that he runs too much also.

Rosales should not have a starting job. Plan and simple. Is he a valuable piece? Absolutly. But he should get somewhere in the range of 300-400 Abs over the course of the season at various positions and in various roles. He, like Keppinger and Freel, just doesn't have skill set to be a full time player but makes a great super-sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    Rosales should not have a starting job. Plan and simple. Is he a valuable piece? Absolutly. But he should get somewhere in the range of 300-400 Abs over the course of the season at various positions and in various roles. He, like Keppinger and Freel, just doesn't have skill set to be a full time player but makes a great super-sub.
    I think you're farrrr too early to throw a label on him. Especially with a kid this young and first time up. He's still playing well overall and is pretty darn clutch when he comes to it. Its a slump. These happen, EE still has a couple of weeks so we will see.

I won't give up on Rosales. It's a slump and not anything more. It's too early to judge Rosales either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs Homer View Post
    I won't give up on Rosales. It's a slump and not anything more. It's too early to judge Rosales either way.
    You may as well be talking to a wall here. Any consecutive losses or AB's without a hit = sky is falling. FIRESALE! TRADE FOR PEAVY! WE CAN GET HOLIDAY! FIRE DUSTY!

And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Yea of all the things to hate Rosales for I'd probably pick that he runs too much also.
    I didn't say I hated him. I like him a lot, but we need a third baseman who can hit consistently, not bat 8th. I'd prefer to keep our SS as the #8 hitter, as long as its Agon.

All I'm saying is that if you are going to run around like a wild banshee all the time, you better back it up by being a solid baseball player. Right now he looks like a fool. Swinging in the dirt, at balls way outside, etc. He's 5 for his last 29.

If he keeps it up, he's going back to AAA, when EE comes back.

Dude Rock

A guy goes in a slump and suddenly he's worthless. Where's FirstFewChoice, when you need him, to give us some doomsday prediction about Rosales?

Turn Off Ads?