Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would you be?

Who would you be?

Here's a question for you: If you could go back in time and be one player for one moment in time, which player would you be and what would be the moment? My best friend chose Kirk Gibson in the 1988 World Series with the walk off homer on one leg. I chose Bobby Thompson and The Shot Heard 'Round the World. The magnitude of that homer hasn't subsided at all in almost 60 years. That's the only reason anyone knows who Bobby Thompson is today. I couldn't imagine being in his shoes, circling the bases after that shot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who would you be?

Mark Kotsay

Great topic cincrazy!! Well were I was born with cerebral palsy I would have to pick Jim Abbott when he threw that no hitter.Just thinking about it brings chill bumps on my arms..I would have loved to be him on that day just to feel the emotions of happyness he went threw.
    Last edited by WVPacman; 05-29-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

On a local level, Eric Davis, Game 1 1990 World Series. I'd want to make sure I got out before game 4.

Or Pete Rose, the night he came back to Cincinnati.

Bill Mazeroski or Joe Carter.

A walk off HR to win the WS would be pretty damn cool.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Davey Concepcion...any single day of his career.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Johnny Bench hitting a home run to put the Reds in the lead on Johnny Bench night, Sept. 17th 1983.

I can't imagine how wonderful that must of felt to go out on top like that, at home in front on all your fans.

Too bad Hume had to blow the game in the ninth, but it still doesn't take anything away from that moment.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Well there are alot of guys that I could pick, but if I had to pick one guy that meant alot to his team, his city, fans,organization, and an all around ambassador to the game of baseball it would have to be Yogi Berra!! On the otherhand if I had to pick a Red than I would choose between Davey and Johnny out of a hat, too hard to choose between the two, I like Pete but it would have to be a guy that only wore a Reds uniform!!!!

Whitey Ford in Perfect game in World Series! Talk about a jacked up moment and how it would feel threw out that game.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Mississippi Braves AA manager, Phillip Wellman in "The Meltdown."

Time is the Revelator.

Straight up Gangsta, Tim Hummel.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Whitey Ford in Perfect game in World Series! Talk about a jacked up moment and how it would feel threw out that game.
    [psst]

Don Larsen

[psst]
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Great topic. Does it have to be just one?

The first account that came to mind was Rose in the 1970 AS game.

I have ideas on who could be Fosse; but I'll keep that anonymous. Maybe it could be like Groundhog day?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

For a Level Playing Field

* Don Larsen. Game 5 of the 1956 World Series.

-or-

* Billy Bates. Game 2 of the 1990 World Series.

It is a toss up....

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Pay-Rod, the day he signed his $252M contract.

Turn Off Ads?