Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Philly fans keep it super classy

Philly fans keep it super classy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2isks...layer_embedded

I'll admit to laughing, more in astonishment than anything, but this behavior is way over the line.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Philly fans keep it super classy

Yeah, that's over the line. But amusing to watch.

That reminds me of a Tigers/Twins game I was at this past summer in Detroit. Some fans in the upper deck brought dozens of beach balls to the game and about halfway through the game started dropping them all into the lower deck. It must have taken a lot of fans to bring them in and get them all blown up. But it was very amusing to watch.

Kind of hard to see, but if you look carefully you can see a number of them in this picture.

Look at that idiot two rows ahead of those fans firing snowballs at them at point blank range. That guy should've kicked his teeth out.

Come on, admit it: you wish you could do the same to Cubs fans at GABP.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Look at that idiot two rows ahead of those fans firing snowballs at them at point blank range. That guy should've kicked his teeth out.
    Yeah, how was he not forced to leave? He kept throwing snowballs after security showed up. If he was hitting me with snowballs from that close he'd have certainly gotten some back.

I hope that security was moving them to better seats or something.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Yeah, that's over the line. But amusing to watch.

That reminds me of a Tigers/Twins game I was at this past summer in Detroit. Some fans in the upper deck brought dozens of beach balls to the game and about halfway through the game started dropping them all into the lower deck. It must have taken a lot of fans to bring them in and get them all blown up. But it was very amusing to watch.

Kind of hard to see, but if you look carefully you can see a number of them in this picture.
    Anybody remember back in the 80s when the Beach Boys would perform after Reds games at Riverfront? There would be beach ball bouncing all around the stadium during the game leading up to it. Those Beach Boys concerts were awesome. Even if you didn't really care for the band, it was one of the most exciting home dates on the schedule because of the atmosphere in the ballpark.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

This is a pretty good example of the strength in numbers argument. I've been to a large number of games in other stadiums where I'm rooting for the away team (Reds, Bengals or Bearcats), and there is unquestionably a massive correlation in how much verbal abuse and threatened physical abuse our group receives depending on how large it is.

When I've been in a group of only two or three, we take on a lot of abuse. When we have larger groups, people leave us alone. That also rings true for our experience in Philly for Reds/Phillies games; Phillies fans lit into us when we had only three guys, but when we had five guys they kept their distance.

If those 'niner fans were in a large group of guys, chances are that scenario doesn't happen. Or if it starts, then that section likely erupts into a massive brawl.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

It looked there were several throwing from close range. Where's Elf when you need him? He would've sent those boys home crying to their mama
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty sure that guy would have been threatened once. If he hit me again with a snowball I am punching him in the mouth.

On the flip side of things.... what are the odds these fans look to sue the Eagles for allowing this to happen for over a minute before security showed up? They were assaulted by 20+ people in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty sure that guy would have been threatened once. If he hit me again with a snowball I am punching him in the mouth.

On the flip side of things.... what are the odds these fans look to sue the Eagles for allowing this to happen for over a minute before security showed up? They were assaulted by 20+ people in that video.
    I'm not a big fan of people being litigious, but these people deserve to sue and win.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Sue over being hit by snowballs?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I'm not a big fan of people being litigious, but these people deserve to sue and win.
    Guess you've never been to a major college football game or NFL game. When you go to away games in little numbers, you better expect some harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Sue over being hit by snowballs?
    Yes. I wouldn't do it, but I can certainly see some doing it and winning. Personally, I would have just started punching anyone I saw who threw a snowball at me and claimed self defense because they were threatening my well being.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Guess you've never been to a major college football game or NFL game. When you go to away games in little numbers, you better expect some harassment.
    Harassment is one thing. Assault is another. Tell me my team sucks, they are little girls, I am a little girl.... go for it. That is fine and expected. Throw objects at me and its now assault and we have a serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Some harassment and being drilled with snowballs for 90 seconds plus by a large number of fans is pretty different.

Stadium security is there to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen and that video shows a pretty big failure on their part.

Turn Off Ads?